Why do I always fail even when I try my hardest?

Hisham Tawfik, M.S.W.

Counseling and psychological services are my passion more than my work, It is all about love, and love is the only real value.

Friend42
I'm sorry you feel that way, it's really hard to feel like you aren't making progress even when you're doing your best. Try to keep in mind, the fact that you try your hardest is a testament to your character. You're doing your best, and that's all anyone can ask of you. It's very admirable that you keep trying, not everyone could or would do that. Things will get better. Sometimes it's like riding a bike. You have to fall a lot before you figure out how to balance, but every time you get up you're closer to figuring it out, and one day it just clicks. It might take a while, though. Be patient with yourself, you'll get through this. If nothing else, keep in mind that I believe in you and I know how you feel.
caringGabe
I think that failure is only a perception. There are so many out there that wouldn't try. So the fact that you are is already success! If at first you don't succeed, try and try again! Each time we don't succeed, we have an opportunity to learn for the next time! Keep your head up and keep smiling, because no matter what, the world is a better place with you in it!
Anonymous
Failing is something we all experience. We try but it doesn’t always turn out like we want it to. Just don’t give up
lyraCygnet
December 2nd, 2017 4:06am
Maybe you didn’t accomplish all that you hoped, but there are probably lots of smaller successes you made while trying for the big goal. Smaller steps are hard to notice!
Anonymous
You're focusing on one thing. When you're really supposed to be paying careful attention. And try to learn the whole thing.
Jessgill266
You could possibly be looking into the situation wrong and approaching it in the wrong way. But whatever you do just stay calm and have self belief and motivation it's the best thing you can do
Darksaviour04
You may be failing even when you try hardest because there are chances that you are putting hard work in wrong direction. For example in a subject like Maths you need to work hard and struggle with questions rather than cramming the formulas. Also there are chances that you fail because you think you'll fail sub consciously or you set your expectations too high.
SilverisSarah
December 23rd, 2017 12:22am
Sometimes we tend to give our very best efforts in a given situation, however we do not succeed. Unfotunately, this may happen more than once. One thing to keep in mind is "what outcomes did I get from this experience" and keeping in my that the path is as important as the goal =)
kyssiehearts01
December 23rd, 2017 5:24am
Sometimes these irritating thing happen.And when they do,keep in mind that these are things that will make you stronger.Try to detect what went wrong and you'll sure to find the solution.Remember that the best went through the worst.
sweetForest71
That's not true; when you work hard for something, you always earn something. Maybe it's experience. But that doesn't leave out the fact that you didn't achieve what you wanted to achieve. Maybe you should set realistic goals and go a bit easier on yourself. Hope this helps :)!
loopylou78782
Sometimes you will fail no matter how hard you try but it's not you it's just the world beating you down and giving you a challenge, you'll be ok. Just pick yourself up and keep trying and you'll get there in the end, even if that seems impossible now never give up, you can do it
Anonymous
Sometimes we might be using the wrong methods trying to reach certain goals in life. Therefore we must always be open and ready to try out new ways of handeling a problem
Anonymous
You fail even if you tried your hardest because not everyone gets it right on their first try and you may have made minor errors on your assignment that may make you feel you have failed but technically you didn't and the important part is that you did your best.
Anonymous
I know we’ve all had that times where we work our best and we still fail but here’s a new way of thought I personally go by. If I fail at something whilst doing my best then I have not yet pushed my limits; because while doing your best is something, getting out of your comfort zone to do something extraordinary is completely different!
bubblegumStrawberry92
We often perceive failure relative to those around us. Why can I not be as happy or successful as others even though I try as hard if not harder than them? Why can he make friends but I can't? Why can he get the job but I can't? We often forget, however, that everyone had to travel different journeys to get to where they are now. The only way to tell if you have indeed fallen is to compare yourself to your past self. If you are not the same person you were a year ago then you have not fallen. Life is like a race only everyone starts at different parts of the track. Everyone finishes at different paces, the important thing is to keep on going.
Anonymous
If you try your hardest, it's not a failure. As long as you put your time and concentration in something, it's a win.
junniebug
Because you were meant to. Our failures reveal a lot about who we are and the ways in which we still have to grow. It's life telling us to take a good honest look at ourselves.
Anonymous
Because we are humans, and humans are not perfect! What is more important that we improve each day. Doesn't matter if we take 2 steps back, we will get there. Just got to keep moving.
MollyCule
February 23rd, 2018 11:29pm
You may be setting yourself up for failure by expecting too much from yourself. Start small, the tiniest progress you can think of, and achieve that. What’s easy for *you*? Also, are you generalizing one bad thing and letting that make you think that you fail at everything, when really it’s just a few things that you’re struggling with? Be gentle with yourself. You are enough.
Anonymous
Everybody makes mistakes and there is no need to feel embarresed. Just get up, brush yourself down and carry on.
dreamdavid
everyone fails in life, no one is perfect, we are all imperfect, you can keep trying and even practice, and learn.
Anonymous
from my personal experience I always fall when I try my hardest is simply because I don't have the moral and spiritual support. That is simply because we go through a lot of pain and suffering in our own lives but it's so hard to truly trust anybody especially when we need them the most there are no longer there
Anonymous
What one may perceive as failure may not always be failure. It may only be a failure in a single perspective. Try viewing these unsatisfactory things from a different angle. A paradigm can always be shifted to see the light in the darkness.
Anonymous
Thomas Edison's teachers said he was "too stupid to learn anything." He was fired from his first two jobs for being "non-productive." As an inventor, Edison made 1,000 unsuccessful attempts at inventing the light bulb. When a reporter asked, "How did it feel to fail 1,000 times?" Edison replied, "I didn’t fail 1,000 times. The light bulb was an invention with 1,000 steps."
OscarWilde99
Sometimes, things cannot be avoided. The most important thing is that you tried your hardest and and that you acknowledge that you tried your hardest, rather than feeling bad.
thelittleprinces
You are human. You will fail at times. Failure is not your judge. It is your teacher. You are important and I'm proud of you.
Anonymous
Because it is meant to lead you to greater things. Please, be patient with yourself and keep on trying. If you're going through hell, keep going. http://thepoweryogatribe.com/bad-luck-good-luck-who-knows/
Anonymous
Something may not be going right. You may not be working hard the way that is necessary to achieve your goals. I remember when I was in grade school I was told repetition is key. And so throughout for quite some time in Elementary school, I would be pushed to do repetition for hours at a time. It was not a success. I believed that was the capacity of my ability. I then decided to take a different approach. I started rehearsing content in an imaginary classroom every day. I did much better since. The moral of the story is, you may be approaching it to the wrong way. Or you may be setting conditions that you know you will fail in. The key is, start small and you will succeed when you least expect it. You have to do things you can push yourself hard enough to succeed in. Don't give yourself something too out of your league and decide that you've "failed". To fail in something can mean you aren't approaching it the way you really should.
OneMomentInHerPresence
We all mess up sometimes, but don’t think of it as failure. You tried your hardest and that is a success within itself. Just keep trying. Remember, you never fail until you let it stop you. Just keep on trying. You got this.
Anonymous
It's not called failing when you've tried your hardest :) If you really believe that you failed, think about what went wrong and try again