Why do I always think I'm dying?

Why do I always think I'm dying?

Alex DS Ellis, MA, LMFT

Feeling depressed or anxious can be so overwhelming. I want to help you feel better and be able to enjoy life. You are not alone and you deserve emotional support.

Anonymous
That is something I struggle with on a daily basis. I know I think that because I have severe anxiety. I struggle with being a Hypochondriac;a person who is abnormally anxious about their health. Of course I cannot diagnose you, but that is what I personally have. You are not alone.
2018jump
You are NEVER dying, it is just the mind telling you that and your body doing it's job by just following the mind and reacting to it. You are okay, it will be okay and YOU ARE ALIVE. Deep breaths in and out also helps. REMEMBER YOUR MIND IS VERY POWERFUL, CONTROL IT. WONDERFUL THOUGHTS, GREAT SONGS AND NICE PEOPLE.
Supergirl94
There are various reasons to this. One could be anxiety, having thoughts of dying or others dying is sadly a symptom of anxiety that I myself struggle with at times. It could also be a gut instinct to look into, although if you have already been to the doctor and done a bunch of tests that come out negative it may just be a feeling or a symptom of a mental "disability"
freetotalk1
This could be a coping method for you. Or just a fear by the sounds of it. If you are not currently suicidal/depressed it makes sense. Also, if you've lost someone recently, that could be why. I hope I helped! :) Have a good day!
Anonymous
youre not dying. you have a lot of things to do before you do. places to visit, books to read, people to talk to me, roads to walk on, etc etc
lipsticklez
You're not getting the attention you need you maybe lonely When you wake up try doing yoga first thing
Rajnin
With Depression your willpower is highly taxed so it feels like the body is shutting down, not able to function properly.
1000years
If your not sick, your sad enought to make you feel that bad. Perhaps is time to looking for profesional advices.
Link22
It may be anxiety. Or paranoia. Or maybe you have been watch a little too many sci fi an horror movies. Or maybe someone you love just died and it's haunting you.
ladycat946
If you have a good health condition, maybe it's because you are very anxious. Very anxious people tend to be constantly afraid of death. Maybe it is because someone around you died recently and it makes you rethink about your life and consequently to death.
RhinocerosWings
You're definitely not alone! Being anxious about your health - or lack thereof - is absolutely normal. Especially if you have less-than-great health. One thing that might help is to concentrate on your breathing. Breathe in for a 4 count. Hold it for a 4 count. Then breathe out for a 4 count. Do it again. And again. Then slow it down. Breathe in for a 4 count. Hold it for a 4 count. Then breathe out for a 4 count. Do it again. And again.
Anonymous
You may have health anxiety which is where you are often worried about your health even if there's nothing to be worried about. This may also be a panic attack. Talk to someone here on 7 cups for more help
Anonymous
Sometimes when it is difficult for us to feel hope for the future, it can be hard to hold on to life
Luminescentknight
January 23rd, 2019 2:40am
It is because nowadays you're not feeling well and you've lost all interest in your life. It can even be due to your loneliness, depression. I can understand your feelings. I suggest keep yourself distracted and surround yourself with good people. It can help a lot. It can may be due to that you worry a lot about yourself. There's some kind of anxiety in you which produces this feeling. Don't worry too much. It's all anxiety. It'll get fine. You can come to 7 cups. You can really get helped here. There are fabulous listeners which can support you.. So good luck and take care!
Anonymous
It's just a fear usually associated with anxiety if you feel certain physical things when anxious...
ams96
This is something I've dealt with for a long time. I have anxiety, and when I get the most minor pain in my body I assume something terrible is happening, and then I usually google the symptom - that's what has to stop. It's your anxiety. Try to find something you enjoy doing - reading, going for a walk, watching tv, being with friends, etc. Try not to focus on it.
amiablePeace77
Having to deal with too many things at a time over an extended period and feeling helpless to cope can give us the feeling we are dying inside. Depression and high anxiety can cause this feeling too.
Anthony6779
Chances are you are not dying. In fact chances of anyone dying unexpectedly are literally 1 in 100 million in many instances. With that said, sometimes it feels like something is wrong with you which is what will ultimately lead to death and while this is a very valid concern for every single human in the world, I could venture to guess that some of what you are feeling is a symptom of anxiety. Even aches and pains can be attributed to stress and anxiety. Go to your annual physical, enjoy life and try to find the root cause of this feeling, which chances are, will not kill you.
TheListeningOne
It could possibly stem from a fear of losing the things close to you, or having a fear of missing out. With certain practices, i'm sure you'll be able to overcome this feeling of dread.
sdmvs
I don't have much information to answer this to you but im sure the therapist from this site will know how to response this and will help you with all the things you need
strawberrySoul15
You're worrying about yourself too much. Stop thinking that you're going to die. Look at what you have in front of you right now. Maybe what you're thinking may not be true.
Anonymous
That sounds like you are really depressed. You should talk to a trust-able adult about this. I suggest talking to a therapist.
issueseekerandproblemsolver102
It may be depression, Depression can make you seem ill and make your body shut down so that might be the cause.
Anonymous
I too struggle with this on a daily basis. I don’t understand it much myself except its triggered for me by my anxiety. I know that it is awful and scary and seems so big but just remember your body knows what it’s doing. It knows how to take care of itself, which for those with control issues can be a problem. We are just passengers on a multifunction, constantly busy ride. Just remember to breathe and talk to your doctor if you feel the feelings are getting out of hand!
zaatarHoney
It sounds like you’re maybe dealing with some anxiety. But I’d need more context to really give you a genuine answer. Do these feelings come out of nowhere? Do these feelings rise when you are overwhelmed with school/ work/. relationships? How long have you felt this way? Is it emotional, or physical? When dealing with anxiety, we constantly feel like we’re in a burning houes and nobody else can see the flames. If this is something that resonates with you, it would be beneficial to seek help from someone who can guide you through these feelings. Best wishes, love. I hope these feelings subside for you. I wish you nothing but peace, and clarity.
Anonymous
I always think I'm dying because I am mortal. I don't see this as a bad thing. I just have to cope.
GreatMoss
Severe anxiety, in my opinion, over one's mortality and difficulty reconciling the fear of death with acceptance to feel secure.
Jasminerockstar118
Sometimes people feel this way. Have you tried reading the depression guide? It would really help you.
Anonymous
Because you are clearly depressed. These thoughts cab also arise out of existential wonders and what not.
WolvenEars90
In truth, you're correct: We all are dying every second that time passes. We all have an expiration date that we do not know when it is up. So, with this in mind, how do you want to live your life? Your life is what you make it: Happy, sad, isolated, occupied, etc. There are multiple ways to change over your life to make it enjoyable. You have this life to live... So why not make the most of it?