Why do I feel anxious when I open up about my feelings?

Serene Sarah George, Diploma in Counseling Skills (DCS), Pursuing MA in Psychology

Mental health counselor who believes in supporting people to think through their emotional challenges and empowering them to find resolutions or effective coping mechanisms.

Anonymous
Honestly, that's a good but hard question, some people tend to bottle them up or shove them out the moment they feel them and opening up regardless of how you do so is hard, you don't know what the person will think/do and it scares you, but never worry you picked that person for a reason and it'll feel better to finally speak how you feel.
kdrodriguez14
You probably feel this way because you are not used to opening up about your feelings, and that's okay. Not everyone is completely comfortable with doing that. Opening up about your feelings can help get everything out though. You may not feel like you have a burden on your chest anymore after doing this. Personally, I feel so much better when I open up about how I feel. Think of it as a positive thing. It's not good to bottle up all your feelings because it will just get worse in the end. Try opening up more and I'm sure you will feel better :)
peacefulLight8704
Hey! I think all of us feel that way to some degree, although some of us experience it more than others; that is completely natural, and totally ok! Opening up can be scary. There are many reasons you may feel like this. One may be a fear of judgement from the person you are talking to, or even a fear of condemnation. Maybe it's just that verbalizing your problems and feelings is uncomfortable to you, and you just don't enjoy doing that. That's completely normal too, don't worry about it. Only you can know the exact reason you respond this way though.
Anonymous
We have to try to be open minded . It often happens that we don't have anyone to tell what we are going through , but 7 cups is always waiting for you to help you overcome . So feel free to tell us anything . Also maintain a diary where you can write about your feelings and events that matter .....take that diary as a person , it really helps in cases when people can't afford internet and don't have anyone to listen to their thoughts . Being able to speak out your feelings will help you decrease your anxiety. Always try to look up for positive things in every aspect of life .....and take time to observe how beautiful everything thing can be ! Remember that you are a great person and you can do anything!