Why do I feel anxious when my boyfriend goes out or is away for the weekend? I don’t have trust issues but it’s something else I cannot find answer to

Sarah Archer, LMFT

As a Licensed MFT I work with clients to more effectively address, process and learn skills to manage the problems that prevent them from living the life they want.

Robinzoo
You don't trust him. Simple, you are worried and not sure if you can trust him. If he haven't done anything that would break your trust before, then you have to figure out a way to stop the fear.
lindaeu
It's trus issues! You should learn to use this time for yourself. For example: meet friends, do some sport, go for a walk, go shopping, enjoy spa
Yocan18
It may bring up feelings of abandonment from your past. The good news is your boyfriend doesn't have to do anything to help you feel better since it's an inside job Write down all the feelings that come up when he goes away Don't try to fight them draw them, give them a color a shape a texture befriend them write a poem about them feelings are like waves they will come and go try and observe them without become overly concerned or attached It's not an uncommon feeling to feel abandoned but when someone is just going away for a weekend the feelings can be exaggerated which means they are not really about this particular incident
LivewellLovemuch
Maybe it's your intuition? Instincts? If you have a bad feeling in your gut about him going away for the weekend I would try and listen to your instincts and maybe try to look into the situation a little more. If that doesn't seem to really be the case it may be a form of relationship anxiety where you may worry that he's cheating or other relationship insecurities. It's a fairly normal feeling to have sometimes, but always listen to your gut and if you truly feel anxious or bothered- talk out how you feel with him! To conclude, I'd say that it may just be an anxious feeling that stems from insecurity with oneself or the current relationship.