Why do I feel embarrassed when friends walk by me in the hallways at school?

Deane Rain Marie, LMFT

I take a holistic approach in working with eating disorders, mood disorders, relationships, and the LGBTQ community. I use EMDR, Dreamwork, Stories, CBT and Cinema therapy.

Anonymous
You may feel embarrassed when they walk past you because you’re afraid to discuss with them on a subject and stay silent or they did something they shouldn’t so you feel embarrassed when they bypass.
sayeedmohd182
Because I subconsciously feel that they are staring at me because my clothes look weird or something is stuck on me
Anonymous
Perhaps you're just a shy person, and there's nothing wrong with that! A lot of people are like that; some people grow out of it, while others stay that way for a long time. It depends on who you are, and who you want to be. Don't worry about it-- just be yourself. (: And stay in school! (;
Anonymous
I'm not sure why you would feel embarrassed if they are your friends. I would figure you would smile or say something to them or they would acknowledge you first.
freshHeart007
I expect from them to give me attention and hold on for a while.I care for them so i demand same in return.
Anonymous
you feel insecure about yourself and scared of what people think of you,you eel strange and not confident
calmLove29
perhaps you are uncomfortable with your friends for a reason ? why is that ?
Anonymous
maybe its because you might be a little bit insecure about it but thats okay we've all felt like that at some point
LJSharp
As it's your friends, maybe because you feel they might do something embarrassing or say something embarrassing. It all depends on recent events that may have occurred between you.