Why do I get anxious when my boyfriend goes out?

Lianne Kirby, MA in Counselling Psychology

I believe everyone should have the opportunity for their voice to be heard. I use a trauma informed, person centred approach in counselling.

iouty
December 23rd, 2015 2:43pm
You could get anxious when your boyfriend goes out because you could have trust issues. it is also possible that you are struggling with having too much time on your hands. It also depends on what activity your boyfriend is taking part in. i.e is there alcohol or drugs involved?
Anonymous
December 23rd, 2015 11:09pm
Maybe because he makes you feel so safe that when he leaves you start feeling like so. it doesn't have to be a bad thing but try to avoid that kind of feelings
kindhearted29
Anxiety and fear are closely related. Is there something you fear will happen when he goes out? Does his behavior change towards you before or after he leaves?
JayIvory5711
There is a trust issue in the relationship. It differs from relationship to relationship. You either has trust issues because of your experience in the past, or he has done something to have caused your trust in him to alter. Either way there is an issue with trust that needs to be settled. The relationship will not be successful if both partners do not trust each other.
acupofchocolate26
I'm worried that he might be seeing someone else. But I need to remind myself that I cannot spend my energy on things I cannot control.
Kellie
You may be anxious when your boyfriend goes out because you really love and care about him and you don't want anything bad to happen
StormyAngles18
You are probably feeling anxious when your boyfriend goes out because you may or may not trust him. You may think he may be with someone you don't know about or doing things you may not approve of. Most girls (Not all) have the most common thought that their male/or female partner is cheating on them with someone else. The best way to handle this is to communicate with your partner about how you are feeling.
kindheartedKitty71
Maybe because you have expirienced a earlier boyfriend who has been unfaithful, or maybe you're just plain scared of looking him.. Anyway, the best thing you can so is to talk with him about how you feel..
Anonymous
There could be many reasons that can cause your anxiety. One main reason that many girls have is a trust issue. You probably don't trust him that well or he has hurt you and neither one is good.
Anonymous
Well, this is a sign that you are worried about him and you are afraid of losing him but he is your boyfriend and you have to identify this by yourself
Anonymous
i get anxious when i am away from my boyfriend because i get scared he will find someone better because there is always someone better that me. the reason is because of our self esstem in our self
Recovery17
Its a trust thing if we are really honest with ourselves and feeling insecure and also the thing of feeling safe and proteced.
Anonymous
Maybe it is because you're afraid that he'll find another girl? It's totally normal, but you have to trust him. He already has a girlfriend/boyfriend, and he won't find another one x
radiantFlute19
If you have ever been in a unfaithful relationship, or have ever been put in a situation where you trusted someone, and it back fires, that can cause you to feel this way.
Anonymous
You're most likely not very trustworthy of your partner or are simply afraid with being hurt again from experience in past relationships which is perfectly OK!
Anonymous
Premonitions maybe. I think you need to talk to him and tell him how you feel, and if he is doing something then now you know and you can go wherever from there and if he's not then there you go nothing to worry about.
saltywhale
yes, tell me why. if you're afraid he's gonna have someone else, you have to believe in him. Love is trust.
Anonymous
It's a natural feeling. You know how attractive he is to you which causes you to fear that another person will too.
Anonymous
You probably worry that he will cheat on you. Unless he already has a history of it, I wouldn't worry about it. If you two truly love each other, and if it was meant to be, then you should be able to trust each other enough to not cheat. If either of you do end up cheating on the other, then it wasn't meant to be. Don't stress it..
Lalaxoxo
January 1st, 2016 5:46pm
Sometimes, we think of the negatives where we think they're up to no good. However, it could show that you really need them there instead of them going out. It's not you being needy at all. It's just, you need them there instead of them going out. It affects us a lot more if they're doing nothing, and we're alone without someone around us
Leah2016
January 2nd, 2016 7:46pm
You get anxious when your boyfriend goes out because you like being close to him maybe he helps you with anxiety
IBelieveInYouHannahh
January 3rd, 2016 8:13am
You probably get anxious because you don't trust him or have faith in him. You need to learn to trust that he will do the right thing if someone tries to hit on him.
donotlosewhoyouare
Because you feel like your life depends on him, so everytime he's not there you feel like nothing, everything's fine babe!
Anonymous
The thought of something that could happen without you can make you anxious. That's something that needs to be addressed with your boyfriend.
Anonymous
It's the way most people feel. You have to trust in him just like he has to trust you. You have all these feelings in you. You should use them and tell him how you feel.
Reid3020
I'm not sure, have you tried speaking to him about your anxieties when he leaves. It may be something to do with low self esteem and confidence.
positiveLove82
It's possible that you feel anxious because you feel he might do something wrong or something bad will happen to him, etc. It's okay to feel this way about anyone you love or care for but, if the anxiety that you are feeling becomes something that's unbearable then you should definitely seek out some one to talk to.
caringIceCream67
Goes out in he sense..! If it is leaving you alone and going somewhere for example going for work... and that disturbs you a lot means.. it can be separation anxiety.
Michelle0621
Sometimes we just feel insecure, so we start thinking about a lot of things, like what will they do?
skitten210
Because I'm worried she (I'm lesbian) might get hurt or worse or get lost or cheat on me or do something harmful I'm really paranoid okay?