Why do I still feel this way if I know it's irrational?

JaNaè Taylor, PhD, LPC

I work to provide culturally tailored services to my clients through support, advocacy, and reflection.

NotDownYet
Feelings aren't always rational. If you ask someone why they like someone, sure they can list off a bunch of reasons, but it really comes down to them just liking that person. You can't always rationalize what you are feeling.
Gracecov98
It is common. You have the power to overcome it. Trust the fact that you can overcome anything you put your mind to. It gets better. :)
MonBon
Feelings aren't exactly rational, so even if it is "rational" to respond to something a certain way, your feelings are still and "irrational" or an "emotional" response. Your feelings are there to tell you something about yourself you might not know, perhaps revealing an insecurity or an unresolved issue within yourself. Managing emotions is difficult, but accepting what you're feeling and learning what that feeling is teaching you is a good first step.
confidentWillow52
Our emotions are our choice which are triggered by our own thoughts. Nobody puts us in a situation wherein we feel irrational or angry or irritated. We make it habbit that irrespective of any situation we will be in peace and we will think clamly then automatically, whenever such event gets triggered my thoughts will guid me to be peaceful and look at the bigger picture first.
Anonymous
Because you are all work up and you usually have too wait till you calm down. You just put your body through a lot of stress so you will feel this way a little bit.
caringMist876
coz you don't have anything else to do i feel.. other than thinking... just engage yourself in some practical works hobbies and talking to friends... stop thinking so much
lovelyLove58
You can't always help you feelings no matter how hard you try. You can know something is wrong or irrational and still want it for the simple fact that is the way you feel in the moment.
awesomeMoment27
You feel like your feelings about a situation are irrational, but yet you still feel the way you do for a reason.
taybay2k16
Because when you feel a certain way for a while, it is only natural because that is the way you are used to feeling.
Iam80Here
Because, you're human; and, it's okay. Our perception, our feelings, our emotions make us who we are. It's onto us when we have to feed our wolves.
Quinzel241
There is a big difference between a thought and a feeling. I like to think of it as a thought is from the head and a feeling is from the heart. You can think/know it may be irrational, but that doesn't mean your body doesn't think it is. I know that can be hard and confusing, but something is making your body feel the way that it does and it is completely rational to it!
Girlwithsomelipstick00
November 21st, 2017 3:14am
You cannot always control your mind or how you feel, and that's alright. Perhaps you should speak to a professional for a better explanation
Feelings are not always rationale. We need to work on ways to inject logic into our emotions so they will not control us.