Why is it that everyone else seems to handle things so easily, but I have the hardest time with the simplest stuff sometimes?

Traci Seery, LMFT

Are you living your best life? My style is collaborate, supportive and compassionate. Together, we will develop goals that produce positive results to make your life better.

Anonymous
Wow, the amount of times I said this to my myself when I was suffering so terribly with my anxiety. I would walk around a shopping centre and look at everybody walking around, shopping, laughing with their friends and just generally having a good time, not even a good time, just acting 'normal' while I was sat on a bench trying to focus on my breathing and having a panic attack. What I would always try and think to myself was, 'how many of these people are battling their own demons right now, and how many of these people are putting on a facade ... like me.' The answer I imagine was A LOT. You just don't realise what these people around you who look so happy are actually going through, and chances are, a lot of them are going through their own anxieties and break downs and depressions and worries and life altering decisions. I guess what I'm trying to say is, and I know it's easier said than done, but never think you are on your own. There are always people around you who are like you. People who are putting on a brave face, like you. Everyone has set backs, but it's what you decide to do to take the next step forward :)
WorkInProgress11
Sometimes we assume that other people are handling things more easily than they actually are. We rarely present our struggles to others, so it usually appears like things are going much better for people than reality. We all have our struggles, so maybe you do something easily that they struggle with.
ImpossibleCube
Everyone else "seems" to handle things easily, but no one knows what is happening on the inside. Maybe these people are going through a very hard time and are putting on a brave face. Trying to communicate with others will make you feel less alone, and if someone feels the same, they'll feel less alone too. Hope this helped !
Theworldisacircle
Everyone handles things differently, and sometimes, things aren't as easy as understand for us as they are for others. It isn't something to worry about as long as you're getting the help you need from parents or teachers. If there's bullying about this, then tell your parents or teacher and it'll (hopefully) be sorted out! This really isn't something to worry about as once again, everyone grows and develops at different rates. You can always come to 7 Cups of Tea for support, nonetheless. I hope this helped you in some way!
Anonymous
Other people don't really handle it easily, they just try not to show that they're scared. They probably see you just how you see them.
Anonymous
You can't compare how difficult things are amongst different people. Anxiety, depression, and even the personal hardships that trouble you but don't technically make you mentally ill, are just the same as anything else. For example, some people can play musical instruments, but they might suck at math. Maybe learning a new language is easy for you, but you can't run as fast as your peers. "Handling things" isn't easy for everyone, so don't feel bad about it! :)
Anonymous
That's not true we are all struggling. No matter who it is in live everyone has some type of issue they are dealing with no matter what it looks like on the outside. Its just that we cant see their problems but we have to deal with ours.
coolvibes
I think everyone has their own strengths snd weakness. It nay aopear that other folks arent struggling as much, but kire tgsn likely they are thinking the same thing about themelves. If Others walked in the same shies we do perhaps tgey would be strughling where we are strong.
PrincessPea247
Often we all have times that we struggle with simple things, it could be that the other people that you are seeing are finding something tough on the inside and not showing it on the outside. However as people we all deal with emotion and situations differently, this means that we find certain things harder than other people do, but, it is a completely natural and normal thing; for example, a person who has stage fright will struggle a lot more standing up in front of people than a person who doesn't have stage fright. You are not alone and no matter what you find hard to get through, you have people who are here for you.
dalya123
Stress, stressing over it won't work, thinking positively about something is going to have a great effect on you
Arakhthanda
The first assumption that I believe is how you word your question. When you ask such questions, I assume you must have not believed in yourself and your own decision making. if that is, then I would encourage to try to think for yourself and believe in what you set out to do. Once you do that, you will find you can handle everything easily just like others.
softSunrise6
That may not always be true, everyone is different and has different ways of coping. You can't always see what's going on on the inside of a person.
Deadlyxrealityx
Well we are all different. Maybe some handle things just like you but don't show it. Don't take things too hard
HopieRemi
This is similar thinking to the phrase "the grass is greener on the other side" until you get there and want to be back on the other side. Life is not supposed to be easy. Life is not easy for anyone. You might just be seeing that they are handling it easily but more than likely they have their own struggles as well.
heartfulSmiles35
People have walls. Some larger, some smaller, some taller, some shorter. You never know what is going on with other people's lives. Focus on solving your own (which indeed can be hard :( but be strong!) And then you can understand about the people's lives around you better :)
BronyDice
November 1st, 2016 8:36pm
People often fake success or put on a show that they're doing better than they actually are. It's an instinct to hide our "weaknesses" or our "weirdness" since we're a social animal. It's natural to want to fit in. Everyone has problems, everyone makes mistakes. If you're embarrassed by your problems, that could make them seem more pronounced to you, but everyone has problems and difficulties, whether they admit it or not.
Lachielistens1
We all work at different speeds and levels, some are higher or lower in both of those factors. The best thing you can do in that situation is to use your shortcomings to push yourself to do better. It's difficult but it's a good motivator if you use that friction constructively
Jelglu
Because everybodies brain's works differently, some people are hypersensitive to situations based on how they were brought up, for example my own experience I was brought up with the mindset that if I do anything it has to be right and if I don't know I can do it right I wont do it.
itsdavanan
Everyone is at a different stage in their lives, some are ahead and some are behind. Some are well in the middle where it fluctuates. Always know that no one is competitively stronger or weaker than you when it comes to YOU.
Anonymous
It may because others learned how to deal with certain situations before and found ways they think it's beneficial to handle it compared to others who may not have know or found it yet.
Caldrie
If you're an avid social media user, this may be why. Social media, especially the likes of Instagram & Snapchat where photographic stimulation is present the most contribute to this. When you use social media like those, and you see pictures of your friends, colleagues, etc... it subconsciously gives you the idea that everything is positive and well in their lives. Even though that may not be the case. In turn, you feel as if everything is going so well for them and not you. Because you know you.