Why will my brain never slow down?

Why will my brain never slow down?

Lindsay Scheinerman, MA, LPC

My work with clients is to help them recognize and build on their strengths to find solutions for the conflicts presented in their lives.

GoodPoint
Sometimes we take on too much and our brain soaks in all the information we need to sort, process and complete the activities we choose to do. Practicing daily meditation or mindfulness can help to slow and calm the mind, training it to think of what's in the moment, rather than everything that is going on in our busy lives.
CaringPuppy1
Our minds are constantly thinking all the time. They are busy even when we are relaxed or sleeping. If it becomes a problem, you could try using something to distract your brain or divert your attention to other things.
Danception
You probably have anxiety! This is a normal experience for most people. I would try to watch your breathing. Try to take slow, deep breaths and stay calm and you will be okay!
havebeenthere
Because at the moment there is just to much happening in my life. To stay ahead with f the game, one must seem to be always thinking, "what next".
sunshineBubbles12
Your brain is like a beating drum for a rock band. Count to 100, sing your favorite lullaby, squeeze your cheeks, you need a good distraction.
lovelyBeauty59
Meditation is a great way to get your mind focused and force your brain to "slow down." It is proven to help you relax and get your mind focused on other things.
ameliab55
I feel your pain! I often feel like my brain is "spinning." I second medication or mindful practices (like prayer or deep breathing). Also, try some quiet activity like progressive muscle relaxation (tensing one part of your body and then relaxing it from toes to forehead or vice versa), coloring, or drinking a cup of tea. I find if my body is relaxed, I can get my mind to relax better. If it lasts a while, try talking to a doctor or psychologist about thyroid testing or hormone testing. Sometimes the "brain racing" is a sign of your hormones being a bit off.
DontWorryBeYou
Because you have a wonderful and beautiful mind. You see and hear things, and perhaps you get instantly distracted by it. But at the same time, that thinking helps you become creative and considerate. Also, have you ever tried mindfulness? It is that you focus on your body and breathing, and that sometimes helps people clearing their minds for a while.
JK8287
It's the nature of the mind to run around in circles, so don't feel bad about it, join the club. Just accepting it, and watching it from a detached perspective, can really help. You can even laugh at it's antics -- then you're free.
wukongthedork
Sometimes we have too many thoughts in our brains. Sometimes we need to just sit back, listen to some music or just breathe. Practicing breathing techniques helps, too.
Anonymous
Creative and smart people have really active brains, which can sometimes feel like you're brain is jumping everywhere at once, especially at night. This isn't a bad thing, but can lead to feeling overwhelmed at times.
Anonymous
Overthinking sometimes is a natural part of all of us! Overthinking can often result from other problems that you have been experiencing in your life, and I suggest contacting a listener to discuss them.
ALStella
Because we are cool people. It is okay if its fast or slow, everyone have their own time zone. You could probably solve Maths in just 3 minutes but I need 3 hours. And it's okay.
LolOreoGod
Your brain is designed to process over 1 billion commands per second. If it were to slow down, you would lose many important functions such as blinking, breathing, thinking, etc. If you are talking about getting too ahead of yourself, just know that you can always think about your future!
Anonymous
Your brain will never slow down due to your strength to keep on going and even after death we still can feel.
Anonymous
You are very active in your head, and it is tossing ideas thoughts etc all over the place. There are many reasons why this could happen. Your brain will slow down eventually, try stimulating excersizes or games to help
Link22
Maybe you have anxiety. Or something is in your mind. Or maybe something is making you feel exited? ADHD can make our thoughts race as well.
Anonymous
Because your brain have to work on something, and it takes as much effort to slow down the pace as it takes to process things faster. The brain adapt to the environement we're in, and nowadays we are kept busy by a lot of things.
EverymanJack
well, you can ask it that question, ok? talk to it...ask it if it feels speedy? maybe it doesn't? maybe it likes to think fast? if so you can ask it if it will slow down for you, take some time to let you relax...ok? what do you think? let me know how it goes!
Bearhugs1
Because you're constantly thinking. Your brain is so use to working fast and it tends to drift away into many questions that you may have sealed up
Scintillax
Hello, you may just have a fast-working mind. If it interrupts your ability to complete day-to-day tasks, you could see a professional that would be able to speak with you about treatment options!
Anonymous
It sounds as if you are constantly thinking about things and find it hard to stop. It might be hard to concentrate or go to sleep, and you may feel constantly uptight or agitated. If this is so, you could be experiencing anxiety. This is not definite, or a diagnosis of any sort, but it might be worth talking to your doctor about it. The anxiety information on 7 Cups may also be beneficial to you. Remember you are not alone, and you can talk to a listener any time for support.
Anonymous
Because there is too much on your mind? I don't know don't ask stupid questions. Especially when you know there isn't a right or definite answer
bubblyUnicorn38
You could be suffering from an anxiety disorder try distract yourself when you feel this way take deep breaths watch tv read walk anything get you're mind off it
BabyKirby
Silly brain, right? I frequently have this problem, too. I try to distract it with a game or book totally unrelated to anything that might be bothering me in real life.
Anonymous
Your mind is trained to work and function and process things for quick responses like if you get poked by a needle type of reaction the only time your mind while slow down is if you actually lay down taking a nap or even sleeping.
Take501
Try and get something to distract yourself, like try painting or drawing, writing will also help. Write everything out.
Vaux
It is because you are occupied with too many thoughts at once, thoughts that may be troubling you or causing you some sort of distress. Try to take a deep breath and do meditation to clear your mind.
NyxCain
Some people are wired that way, chemically, and others just simply can't stop thinking as fast as they do.
Anonymous
You're over-thinking things. You need to try to control your breathing. Take deeper breathes. Get a pen and write down what is going on in your head that's making you think too fast. Go a step deeper everyday asking why you think you are thinking these things. Eventually, you will hit an "ahah" moment.