Will my anxiety ever go away?

Will my anxiety ever go away?

Dorothy Paige, MS Psychology

I believe that any issue that prevents one from living life to the fullest or prevents self love is defeating. I am committed to providing support to anyone who seeks help.

Anonymous
Anxiety is not the type of thing that goes away. But from experience I can say that with time it becomes roe manageable and depending on the situation may lessen over time with increased exposure.
JoeMarlo
Almost everyone finds relief in some way shape or form, I have never met an individual with anxiety who hasn't overcome it in a variety of ways. Obviously there is CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy), Graded exposure therapy and Medications all aimed to help you cope and overcome anxiety and anxiety disorders. So yes, almost definitely almost certainly yes, it will.
Anonymous
like time passes by...
EnchantingFairy
In time, you can learn to manage your anxiety. You might not stop being anxious, but with the right tools and coping skills, you can significantly reduce it and the discomfort it causes. Take some time to get to know yourself: what calms you down, what do you enjoy, what can you do anywhere in a short amount of time? If doing a lot of work is stressful, step away for 15 mn to listen to a few songs that calm you down, for example. If a big stressor is approaching, read a note you wrote yourself about being able to conquer it... Anxiety might show up here and there in your life, but you can learn to manage it :)
Taten1199
February 3rd, 2016 8:34pm
In fact yes! Anxiety is a temporary feeling that we feel if we have a stressful event or something going on. Finding a hobby or something you enjoy can eliminate feelings of anxiety. Even having a chat on here with an listener can ease the troubles of anxiety. Remember, it's always temporary and everyone has experienced it at some point or another, you're not alone. Best wishes!
SincerelyMe15
It may go away. It may stay. But you learn to forget about it or control it. Whatever it is, it gets better eventually.
Anonymous
Yes, with time, as you unlock new experiences, anxiety fades into the background of your life. Difficult situations become simpler, and the unbearable become bearable.
Anonymous
Anxiety is tricky to deal with. Whether or not it will ever go away is uncertain, but it can, with time and care, become easier to handle.
EllenJae
It will get better. Learning to manage and support yourself whilst dealing with anxiety, as well as surrounding yourself with people who love and care for you and who understand what you are going through can make it easier to deal with. For me, the more time I spend around people who understand my anxiety and the issues I face with it, the easier it gets. It becomes less about a me vs. anxiety and more of a me and my support structure vs. anxiety, and with that I am slowly beating it. Anxiety can be due to lots of factors; stress from a situation such as a test or exam, lack of sleep, having to do something you don't want to do or it can be a more permanent, unmanageable issue. If this is the case, there is definitely help available to make your anxiety slowly fade. Anxiety for many people won't stick around , however there is help available if it does. It may take a lot of hard work, but in the end it is worthwhile.
Anonymous
Of course it will! I used to have it a lot but I found tricks to try to get rid of it, such as Counting every time you start to feel that way. I ended up counting up to 300 but it worked for me! I am not sure it might work for everyone but I hope it does. What I would also do is, think of something that could cheer me up. Bottle up all those bad thoughts and become happy! I would go for a quick jog to let off any bad energy i had inside of me.
butterflykisses27
It does go away and can be managed once you realize what triggers your anxiety in certain situations. You can learn to manage it via breathing exercises and other forms of therapy.
PracticalMaple
yes, it may be hard to deal with it but there are ways. You could try and learn how to control it yourself with different relaxation techniques or you could see a therapist who will professionally help you
Anonymous
Of course. When you learn to let go and take life as it is, it will be a great experience. Trust me.
meeow
If you work on recognizing and understanding it, it will! If you ignore it and just deal with it, it won't. A therapist can help too! Good luck!
Anonymous
yes. it will go away. all you need to do is face your anxiety trigger no matter how hard it can be. with practice you get to feel less anxious
Miracle
Anxiety is a part of life and is a normal response to situations of stress. Anxiety may become excessive or impair normal life activities at which point seeking help may be of benefit to you. Anxiety will not "go away" but there are ways of managing excessive anxiety through medication or talking therapies. Anxiety can often help us though, for example minor stress over an exam or test can be a motivation to study.
peachicus
If you suffer with anxiety its unlikely you'll ever find a cure for it but you can learn to control and master it. Learning different techniques and strategies will help you manage your anxiety in situations that would usually trigger them off. http://www.7cups.com/anxiety-help/
DragonEye
A lot of people explain anxiety as a chronic disorder, meaning that it will never really disappear. Thought you can make it happen less if you know how to manage it properly. Of course, some people think that it can, too, depending on the person. You can always take medication for it, but please note medications do not help everyone, and it might lessen it. :D Hope that helps.
Anonymous
Yes it can go away, quite surprisingly. However, it takes time and it takes having faith in yourself. The day you tell yourself that today I'll believe, that for once in my life nothing will go wrong, you'll see that your belief helped your anxiety to wash away.
blanket7
February 3rd, 2016 6:42pm
Maybe. You might be able to get over it or you might just have to learn to cope with it and live with it.
Tito
An answer to that question is impossible most of times. People with anxiety issues often get desperate for it to just suddenly end, and the fact that such thing is unmanageable, often gets them even more anxious. Anxiety is something that must be dealt on a daily, one-step-at-the-time basis. The acumulation of small victories against your own anxiety will be your progress in a difficult fight.
YourFriend690
Yes! Your anxiety will go. Just do something else or involve yourself in something else and you may easily get out of it if you forget that. Hope so it may work.
brilliantDreamer
I know right now it may seem really hard for it to go away, but it is a process, I won't lie, a hard process, but with dedication and hard work, it is indeed posible.
blackJoy79
It may never go away completely but it will get easier and you will learn to cope with it and move on living your life as normal
Anonymous
Eventually, with professional counseling, medication (if needed), good thoughts and a plan, your anxiety certainly can go away.
LOV1NGCH1CK
Anxiety never goes away. But u can take pills to make it not happen so much. Its something u just cant help completely
Gentlereminder
Yes, when we let go of self ego and become aware of ourselves and act for now rather than setting expectations that distracts us from living.
veronicahaunani
I think when we require its absence less, it is more likely to leave us. If we make peace or accept the anxiety or try to find ways to use it like focus, motivation, building compassion and patience with ourselves, it's power will lessen. And, we will one day be free.
SnowQueen62
My anxiety will never go away sadly. This is an illness I will always love with and learn to tolerate. If I don't seek help through therapy, I can't function. Medications have surely calmed down the severity of it.
heatherishere64
It depends but I had anxiety as a little kid and I still have it today and ever single day. It may not go away but there are ways to cope with it and there are ways to make it better :)