Will my anxiety ever go away?

Will my anxiety ever go away?

Dorothy Paige, MS Psychology

I believe that any issue that prevents one from living life to the fullest or prevents self love is defeating. I am committed to providing support to anyone who seeks help.

elizabethdarling
This is a tricky question that I have questioned so much personally. It's important to remember here that anxiety can take many forms; social anxiety disorder, perfectionism, and just persistent anxiety that doesn't necessarily come as a disorder. Personally, I've had anxiety for years and it has been persistent, but I do believe it will go away. Once we learn what our mind and body needs, and how we like to relax and find our calm, we will be able to avoid panic attacks. It will be possible for us to surpass this. Yes, there may always be the odd panic attack because after all we are human, but for the most part, we can get past this one day. Keep persevering and staying awesome, xx.
Anonymous
Your anxiety will go away but it will take time and you will need support wether it is help from friends and family or a professional. But keep looking to the future because it's going to get better :)
Anonymous
Anxiety is a difficult situation I've dealt with it for years and for me it has never gone away you have your good days and you have your bad days, but as you deal with it day by day you learn how to cope with it
miamaiamaya
Anxiety may or may not "go away". You should focus on becoming just a little bit happier and just feeling less anxiety each day, rather than completely eliminating it. Each small step counts :)
McIntosh92
It's not really about whether it will go away or not. It is about finding ways to cope-productive outlets to direct your nervous energy and practicing ways to alleviate those moments such as deep breathing.
BeWhoYouAre1234
yes, yes, yes!!!! you just have to make yourself want to end your anxiety. you should believe yourself that you can beat the anxiety!!
ssenippah
When we tend to be afraid of something, it keeps coming on to us more and more. Anxiety works the same way. Once you set a thought in your mind that you have a lot of anxiety to deal with, you will continue to be anxious. Not about the reason that gives you anxiety, but rather the fear of anxiety itself. Therefore focus on not focussing and worrying about anxiety all the time and stop treating yourself like a patient. Smile more. Do things that keep you happy and engaged.
SammyD728
Not completely. Anxiety will also be there, but i have learned to tell myself "i don't have the time or patience to let anxiety effect me."
ImperfectlyPerfectTeen
December 23rd, 2015 9:56am
Probably not completely, but it can get better. It depends on what kind of medication you take and what kind of people you surround yourself with.
iouty
December 23rd, 2015 2:59pm
Your anxiety may be lessened through CBT therapy, and treatment plan. It can be supported with group therapy, or exposure therapy depending on the root cause of the anxiety.
SilentSerenityy
It can go away with medication but it doesn't always totally eradicate it. It's possible to get rid of it but very difficult. Anxiety is often caused by a slight defect in the brain which can't be corrected so anxiety is often a lifetime condition, unfortunately.
kthepoet13
Yes and no. The thing is, anxiety doesn't necessarily go away. It just kind of gets easier to cope with. You learn how to live with it and push through anxiety attacks. Honestly, when it comes to getting rid of anxiety, I suggest seeing a doctor. Still, it'll get easier with time.
peacefulApple43
I thought mine wouldn't go away but when I slowed down and made a plan for stressful situations BEFORE I was in them and practiced staying relaxed and remembering that I was really okay, it got a lot better. Now I still have some anxiety but it never has me anymore.
originalLion57
I believe it will if you have the means and the will to overcome it. Depending on how big your anxiety is and what kind of anxiety it is, it's good to speak to a professional who can help you as much as possible and have a support system too. And then you also have to want to go through the really tough stuff... anxiety can make you want to run away and hide forever, so it takes facing the fears head on if you want it to ever go away.
StormyAngles18
It may go away but then again it may not. It all depends on the person some people end up having a disorder and some actually do go away but its important to check with your doctor if it happens a lot.
vampirevveekend
Anxiety never really goes away, but you do learn tips and tricks to help subside your anxiety. You learn how to deal with it and to not dwell too much on the negative.
Anonymous
When we recognise our anxiety and are able to talk about it from a support person, and follow their instructions we can feel released of anxiety. Some of these tools will work when we are alone and in a safe environment.
windysmile
Is very difficult to answer that. Anxiety is something every person lives in different ways and intensity, and is a cognitive process. For the the same reasons there's not possible to guarantee anxiety will disappear forever, because it depends of every person, and anxiety always will appear for protect us. When anxiety is in a pathological way you, fortunately you can work to make this decrease and stop hurt you and transform it in a sensation that protect you making you more alert and helping to you to achieve your goals! So, there's a lot of therapies for make this kind of anxiety go away, if you try hard you can progress! but probably it will not be a very easy way, you'll have good and bad moments, but if you work you'll can do it...maybe it could be very difficult sometimes, but isn't impossible.
Anonymous
of course it will. One day, everything is going to be alright and you'll take control of your life and anxiety will be the last thing you need to worry about.
Anonymous
Sorry I am going through the same so I can't give any positive answers for this. I am still stuck with the same questions, will i ever get help? Am i going to die with these ugly thoughts?
lovelyPeace46
Anxiety can best be handled by consulting a professional in mental health, and receiving medicine, and taking as directed.
goldfinch25
It's hard to say. Anxiety isn't something that you can just take medication for and it'll just permanently disappear. Some will have it for years and then it'll just fade; or it can stay with you permanently. Anxiety is like that monster in the closet- you have to either face it head on or get some friends to help support you in chasing it away.
FromBrazil
Taht depends... if you have an anxiety disorder it won't go away without proper medication. Ask for medical counseling to discover if you're experiencing a transitory anxiety or if it's a disorder.
Anonymous
Some people will live with anxiety all their life, but I do believe that there are ways you can learn to control it. Try some breathing exercises and try finding some ways to keep yourself calm.
Anonymous
Yes, it will if you want it to enough and you take steps to help yourself. Don't stress about getting better before a deadline; that will only make you feel under pressure all the time and you will feel a lot worse if you do not hit that deadline. Instead, take it slow. Talk to someone about it, a trusted friend or family member, if nobody knows about it. This means you can have personal support and reassurance. You should also see a doctor or councillor who can hel you with talking therapy, behavioural therapy or maybe tablets. You can be treated and be aniety free in no time! Don't worry, your anxiety will go away, just believe it will and you will be okay.
Anonymous
growing up, I don't think that anxiety ever goes away, but you can control it. try to avoid stressful situations, practice speaking in front of others. just doing simple relaxing exercises can help when you're feeling anxious about things
Anonymous
Anxiety never goes completely away, but it is good to try and get your anxiety to healthy levels.
ashlyntheordinary
January 1st, 2016 12:35pm
Yes it will...
Anonymous
January 2nd, 2016 5:39am
Yes, but you've got to work at it. For instance, try identifying what you think might be causing your anxiety, as well as the unhelpful thoughts that are contributing to your anxiety. Every time your brain shoves a negative thought at you, actively come up with an argument against it -- for example, if you can't stop worrying about how you're going to fail a test, remind yourself of how well you did on previous tests, how much you've studied, etc. Exercising can also be enormously helpful for combatting anxiety, even if it's just 30 minutes a day.
LiveLaughLearnLoveSoSelfishly
January 2nd, 2016 12:15pm
Yes I am hopeful that it will, however I have so much ingrained fears and unnessesary worrys built up by my alienation from people and distrust of most of my friends which is not without due cause.