Would hitting something help my anxiety?

Temi Coker, MSC, MA, Dip.Cons

With over ten years experience, I offer a safe and confidential environment  for you to collect your thoughts, worries & life problems with no judgement or assumptions.    

Anonymous
We all cope in anxiety in our own different ways. But if it will cause you pain i dont think it is advisable. There’s a lot of methods you can tre. The ones that are safe and good for your health.
romanticthi3f
It depends! Are you thinking of hitting something like a pillow, or like a person? Exercise in general is a great way to manage anxiety and tackle that fight/flight response that we go into when we panic. Whether it's running, cycling, swimming or things like boxing and tai bo - anything that can get the heart racing is going to help manage anxiety. Obviously though, if you are causing other people harm (like hitting another person) or yourself (like hitting a wall), then that's not a very healthy way of coping and it's worth finding better ways to help.
isingalot
it might help, but it would not be good for you. there are so many more healthier alternatives to helping anxiety than hitting something. you could take deep breathes, color in an adult coloring book, write your emotions down, do any hobby that would distract you. i always find that doing those hobbies help. hot baths help. drinking a cup of hot chamomile tea helps calm the nerves. and for me personally, because i’m a musician. i sing when i get super anxious. or i write songs. it puts those emotions in to a productive format and makes me feel better at the same time.