Anyone else have parents who despite getting a diagnosis for you, refuse to believe you have autism?

Jamitia Wilson, MS, LAC

I believe that true healing occurs when one is able to honestly express how one feels about himself/herself and the world. I would be honored to support your healing change.

wildghostmemories
First of all, I'm sorry to hear that your parents reacted that way to your autism diagnosis. That seems like it would be really painful and invalidating to have them reject something so personal to your experience.Having them not validating your experiences as a person with autism makes it seem like how you view the world is a bad thing, which it isn't. Being a person with autism is just another way of being a person and comes with its own beautiful and unique things to add to the world. You and your diagnosis are valid and valued and I can imagine it would be tiring to not have them see that.
Talk to an expert therapist
Talk to a Therapist