Happy to sad all day long. Are there people that meds can't help?

Monique Bivins, MA, LPC

I have a real passion for helping my clients to overcome life's obstacles . My work with clients is nonjudgmental, supportive, and interactive.

Makayla124
There are some, and I am one of them. Some people do not react well to medications, and I am not sure of the medical reasoning behind that, but sometimes it does happen, and then natural treatments and therapy become a better solution, so you could try looking into that if you find that medications are not working. Not everyone's body reacts the same to every med, so it is possible that you just haven't found the right one yet. Medication for a psych issue is definitely a lot harder to find the right one but most people do eventually find one that helps.
Anonymous
I know from personal experience having bipolar that medication is essential to leading a normal, balanced life. Very few people who have bipolar can live a normal life without taking any sorts of meds. If I don’t take my medication I have sleepless nights. My energy levels become almost super human and it is not at all comfortable. My mind is racing. I cannot focus. I think I am intellectually superior in this state but I am really not. In fact, I am handicapped without even knowing it. With medication my mood levels off and I am a completely different and normal person. I see more clearly and I have a greater sense of well being.