I’m pretty sure I have border line personality disorder. Could it be possible I’m bipolar as well?

Australia

Lauren Brody, Bachelor in Psychological Science, Advanced Diploma in Counselling and Psychology

I work in supporting individuals in reclaiming their lives from overwhelming thoughts and emotions and help them to take control

sillyseraph002
a lot of mental illnesses have overlapping or similar symptoms. some can also live alongside one another within the same person. do not try to self diagnose. borderline and bipolar are both pretty serious. If you are considering the possibility that you have either one of these, seek professional advice.
MaeveTheBrave
This is a great question to ask your doctor or a mental health professional! It could be possible that you have BPD or Bipolar disorder, or both, but in order to get accurate, reliable medical information, please see a medical professional for an evaluation.
ErinKay
BPD usually has some overlapping symptoms/diagnosis with it. This question is tricky to answer because even though BPD generally has unstable moods/relationships/behaviors, some symptoms and other diagnosis don't have to be unstable. I've seen in my practice some with BPD have bipolar, some have major depressive. The best way to know is to seek a therapist that can accurately diagnosis you so you can get the best care you need.
Anonymous
It could yes, maybe mental illnesses have similar symptoms and have other mental illnesses that are comorbid with each other. The only way to know for sure is talking to a doctor about how you are feeling and what you are going through!