Do you believe that time heals all wounds?

Hisham Tawfik, M.S.W.

Counseling and psychological services are my passion more than my work, It is all about love, and love is the only real value.

AshOfSnow
Time is a difficult matter, but i do believe that it can heal us.....with the occasional helping hand of course
LJSharp
Yes, with the right help also. Time allows reflection and space to yourself and time on your own really helps swith reflection.
ArtSpoon
I don't know if I believe that time heals ALL wounds. I believe it can contribute to that healing, and that healing takes time, but there are definitely other variables involved.
Callipiphan
No. Time doesnt heal anything. What you do with that distracts you and find yourself no longer affected by whatever it was.
Anonymous
I don't believe that time heals all wounds, I believe it's what we opt to do with this time that heals.
FromDrewWithLove
Depends on your definition of 'healed'. I think time can help a person accept those emotions, but when most people think of 'healed', they tend to think of 'back to normal'. I think that time can help people work through things and can heal many wounds. It gives people time to process thoughts, feelings, and events and learn how to weave through them. To me, time 'heals' all wounds. Maybe not entirely, but I do think time does help those wounds heal. Just because you've healed doesn't mean there aren't scars left behind. It just means you've gotten better.
Anonymous
Its like 50-50 for me. Not all can be cureable. There are some like loss of a loved one,loss of any of our body parts due to our own mistake, ...time cannot heal every wounds. But it might help to heal some.
Anonymous
This belief can feel a bit cliche. I think in some cases yes it does, but it can vary from person to person
originalLove71
Yes. Not all but most of them. You may have cried for hours for something few years back. Now when you think of it, you will probably feel less pain or no pain because of it. I don't know about healing but it definitely teaches you how to deal with it.
WMM
It does if the wounds have been cleansed, meaning that if you have let it go for sure, determined within yourself that its okay and do not hold a grudge, and fixed whatever issue.. Then yes.. If not, time may pass but it will still haunt you, if not now then later on
kingdom20
Yes. We need time to get over everything, time to accept whatever happened and move on. For pain to go away you must feel it until it doesn't hurt so much anymore and all the hurt just disappears
Anonymous
Honestly? To some degree, yes. There will always be a small piece of memory that keeps wounds. But it can be healed I believe, not completely but the degree in the way you want your life to look.
abbyh223
I do if you choose to heal and live an abundant life! :)
Anonymous
Yes, I do believe that time heals all wounds. Because we all know that time is unstoppable and we need to flow with it. We also know that everything moves forward with time even though we don't want to. Time will continue to pass by even if the process is slow, it will steal heal even if it leaves a scar but at least, you have learned your lesson and will not do it again. Time helps you to realize things you've never seen before and it also helps you to become a better person as it pass by because you'll be mature.
Anonymous
Time does not actually heal our wounds, rather places a bandage over it. Time makes it easier for us to process our wounds and carry them with us. Wounds, heal however the scars are always present. Our scars remind us of how strong we really are and that we have that strength within us to overcome any conflict or issue that we may face in our life. Time makes it easier for us to carry our wounds with us. The wounds will forever be there, but time alleviates the pain and helps us tolerate what once had the ability to hurt us.
Anonymous
Careful with that statement. Time definitely helps the sting of wounds hurt less, that doesn't mean that time heals all wounds. You may be reminded of it years after the initial hurt, and that is okay. But you have to make the choice to heal, and accept it isn't always linear. A poet once said that some weeks you will forget how hard it is to breathe in public. But as long as you make the effort to find the peace and ride out the wave so to speak, you are doing the right stuff.
Yocan18
No, I don't. That's why people suffer from PSTD. There are different types of wounds. A breakup after a short period of time may heal completely after enough time passes. A breakup of a long relationship will probably take a very long time, but with proper self care and introspection someone will probably get over that too. There are wounds from childhood that may or may not get better depending on the severity and the age when it occurred. So, my answer is that time will heal many wounds, but not all It depends on the magnitude of the wound, the temperment of the individual and the support a person receives afterwards
gentleSnowflake4215
This is a subjective quote. Each individual is different and have unique coping mechanisms, for some it may help to have a change of environment while for others it may be more helpful to take time and use that to help what they are going through. Never compare yourself to someone else because everyone experiences different things and goes through situations differently. In the end you have to find what gives you the most release. Time may heal wounds for you but may not for someone else. It is all a matter of how you choose to deal with the situation.