Gf of 3.5 years left me for other guy because I got to comfy. But we got America booked for 3 weeks in January.. I know I can't get her back though. What do I do ?

jennifer fritz, LMSW, PhD

Day to day life can be stressful and overwhelming and my strength is assisting my clients in a supportive, empowering and practical manner.

Anonymous
Sorry to hear that :( you should ask her if she still wants to use her ticket to go, and think about whether you would still like to go (with someone else) or not. If she still wants to go and you don't, ask her to pay you what you spent on your half (plane tickets, hotel room, etc) and she can bring someone else. If you want to go and she doesn't, find a friend to go with, and they can pay her the cost of her plane ticket and stuff. If you both still want to go, that's a lot more difficult... Either you could make it a solo trip or ask a friend to try to get tickets for the same flight
Alia3475
I think this is a great chance to go and take a trip on your own. It's a chance to be alone with yourself and process the breakup. If you have a really trusted friend, invite him, but there's nothing wrong with travelling alone. I've always found it the best way to really get to know and love myself.
Anonymous
Have a good time on a trip to America and meet new people. You can still go even if she isn't there to go with you. It's fun to travel alone and you can learn a lot about yourself. You can stay in a hostel if you want to be surrounded by people or you can just do a solo trip and do things on your own. Both ways of travelling can be quite fun and freeing! If the ticket she has is transferable, it's also possible to just bring a friend instead. There are lots of options, don't stress. :)