How can I feel happy about being single?

Turkey

Caglagul Turhan, Msc

Art Therapist

I believe that being aware of who a person is, will help to make the life better. I help children, adolesences, adults and parents for understanding themselves

Anonymous
Understanding yourself. Discover what you love and what makes you feel whole and safe.You know what it means to truly be yourself.You are confident about being yourself and doing the things you live without the need to be dependent.You are simply aware of yourself and your worth.You know your purpose and goal.You are happiest when you begin to become aware of your aim and what you truly deem necessary for your personal growth. You realize how much you can do being yourself and begin with yourself. Being single means more time to explore, more time to learn and more time to grown on your own
Anonymous
You have time to spend on yourself, time to reflect, time to have fun and do things that a partner might not want to do, time to do things with friends and family.
There is a pro & con in being single as much as there is a pro & con in being in a relationship. You can see the pro's in being single instead of seeing the cons, just as how if you were in a relationship u will see the pro's then the con's.
BassistBriar
You can feel happy about being single by thinking of how much free time you'll have! You can now solely focus on your life and not have stress in your life from your partner and the relationship! :)
Penelopea80
you have to find ways to make it work for you. think of something you liked to do but that you really couldn't do when you were still with your ex. Try to go do it now that you have the freedom without the burden of your ex
SiriuslyAsh
Keep yourself busy. Get a job, go back to school. Find a hobby. Grab a great book. Join a gym. Create the best you you can possibly be, fall in love with yourself first. Then you can allow love into your life without settling for less than you deserve.
Greedy4Needy
Being single has its own perks. You can enjoy with your friends, hangout with them, party alot and approach new girls and guys aswell. There will be no one to stop or restrict you from doing so.
neverendingStar20
June 22nd, 2016 3:12am
When single you have a bunch of time to improve yourself, and to learn about yourself. You can feel happy with knowing that you have a lot of free time to do things you like.
Kabira
You don't have anyone else to worry about. Your life and it's decisions depend entirely on you and are not influenced by your partner. You don't have to keep you partner's preferences in mind , while you are out, enjoying yourself. You can check, everyone out, shamelessly, without feeling any guilt, Overall, Single Life is awesome.
Anonymous
Be yourself. Do what you want. Don't compare yourself to people who are in a relationship. You'll be happy.
Anonymous
You have more freedom to do things, You won't have to worry about the significant other almost 24/7 You also flirt guilt-free haha. Most importantly, remember that you dont need someone else to make you feel happy! Im sure you weren't born with a partner, so stay happy, the way you are, before your other half came into your life!
bestDreamer46
It's completely normal to be upset and unhappy after a relationship ends. Allow yourself some time to mourn over the lost relationship, then try to start reflecting on how you used to spend your time before the relationship started. Think about what you love to do, and what you've always wanted to try. Think about some small things you'd like to achieve. Get involved in activities you that enjoy, and try new things. Are there certain restaurants, activities, or spots around town that make you think about your past relationship? Make new associations with these things by replacing them with new memories with friends and family. Exercise. Of course none of these things will make you feel happy instantaneously. Recovering from a broken heart takes time and patience.
Anonymous
Being single means you have time to figure out who you are and what you want from life. It's also a time to learn to love yourself so that when you meet the right person, you'll be ready :)
Anonymous
You can feel happy about being single by thinking that, you don't need a significant other to be happy. It's nice to have a partner, but only if that partner is someone who will treat you well. If you haven't found that person yet, it's okay!
ClausAlf
I personally had to learn that being single does not define me. I am my own person... and right now, I am single. But that doesn't mean that "being single" is the only thing about me... I am not any less of a good and worthy person for being single. Enjoying yourself while being single can be hard. Specially when all your friends are in a relationship and you feel like you are the last one of the group to find love. Well... I believe I will find love. And until then... I want to be my best self and love myself, so then I can share that with the other person.
NorthernLights30
I don't know if you can feel happy about being single, I myself have been having a hard time doing so.
WingedGiraffe
By being single you don't have to plan your time around other people. Try to find adventures in every day. Do something new or daring, go hang out with friends, have alone time. When you are with someone you make a commitment to them and more than likely you will spend a lot of time with the other person and have very little time for yourself (which is something that is missed a lot when you get out of a relationship). So learn to preoccupy your time.
Anonymous
Try to find happiness within yourself. Enjoy this time alone to do things you enjoy,or try new hobbies! Being single isn't always a bad thing!
Danielle806
It sucks being single however there is only one main person you have to support and that's yourself! You don't have to worry about someone else the whole time and while your single you can focus on improving yourself
Anonymous
Happiness is innate. It should not be experienced just because you have someone with you. Being single means freedom. Who wouldn't want to be free? And of course, you will be available when someone good comes along. :)
Anonymous
Think/brainstorm of all the things you can do now that you're single! You could take time focus on your career or school life! You could learn more about yourself as a whole without any baggage.
bubblytobot
Get busy. Join a club, take up some salsa class, learn a new language, educate yourself, take up hobby, learn how to cook or sew, go to the gym, buy yourself something nice, hang out with friends, take a pottery class or an art class, volunteer at a blood bank or homeless shelter.
Eireannmac
The key thing is learning to be happy with yourself, understanding yourself and what you want and don't want about a relationship. If you are happy with yourself, you will know better how to have a happy relationship.
Anonymous
Do things that you love. travel, work hard and earn money so you can buy and do things you want. Go out with friends. I do those thing and I'm single since birth. But got no problem with that. I enjoy travelling with friends working hard and buying this I wanted.
Anonymous
spend time with ur family nd friends . Be more close with the same gender . Make urself independant
simplisticmoon
being single is AWESOME! you don't have to worry about your partner, you get to focus on you, and you'll have free time to do the things you love!!
newyorker00
Happy, because we can spend more time with our family, friends, and get to know your self better. ;)
Anonymous
Being single is a great way to figure yourself out. You try new things and can really appreciate your independence without having to consult with your significant other. It might not always be the best feeling but it is something everyone should embrace while they have that time to themselves.
Magicalstar369
you do not have to worry about other people and you can just think for yourself and be comfortable about it dear....Single is the new sexy
Anonymous
Go out and do things that you want to do. Find your hobbies and interests. Discover and love yourself before your next relationship arrives. Don't look for your next relationship - just enjoy being single and live in the moment!