How can I feel happy about being single?

Turkey

Caglagul Turhan, Msc

Art Therapist

I believe that being aware of who a person is, will help to make the life better. I help children, adolesences, adults and parents for understanding themselves

heartfulEndfoftherainbow38
I think you should see all the good sides about being single. All the things you can do now. And the fact you're single dont mean you wont find someone,im sure you will!
Anonymous
Honestly, its a good thing so when you find the right one it will definitely be worth the wait in the long run.
briana6876786
September 2nd, 2016 3:01am
you just tell yourself ''look im single and im proud to be single and im not going to let someone bring me down just because im single
Anonymous
By doing things you love. Like, going on a shopping, flirting, anything that can a 'single' person do, as long as it wouldnt harm you. Or put you on danger.
enjoyiableBlanket63
Start some projects that you can feel accomplished about finishing. This will give you a sense of self.
Anonymous
There is nothing wrong with being single. Everyone has been there and some point or another. Know you are not alone.
TheTripleS719
Realize that now you can better yourself; not necessarily saying you need help in any specific area. But you can get to know yourself better, and make yourself a stronger person. That way, if something happens in your next relationship, you have a better handle on yourself.
cosyheart21
Being single is truly a rewarding experience. However, if you just got out of a relationship, it can be hard to be optimistic about being single. However, being single is an opportunity to take care of yourself, and put yourself first. It's all about you, and your dreams and goals.
rainyCupcake49
Have some "me" time and spoil yourself a little. Go out with friends, have pizza and binge watch a series alone or with a friend!
2cupsofteaa
Self care! Do something fun! Hang out with friends! Try to embrace the single life, by understanding that you have more time to yourself and you are able to try out and experience new things!
BeyondEmpathy
Is this about being happy being single or about being happy within yourself. I think weve all heard the line you have to love yourself before you love another but how do you feel about this? Can you place yourself as the most important person in your world?
Anonymous
A relationship should be a complement to what you already have going on in your life. You should love yourself and be happy as a single man/woman because you can do things you love. Living with people is not easy! Enjoy the season you’re in, for it too shall pass. Learn to help you reconnect with yourself.
Anonymous
Being single is a great opportunity to focus on what is important to you. I have been single for 5 years and I wouldn't change it because I have been able to make all of the decisions for my future without needing to work around another person. I understand that not everybody feels this way but I don't feel like I need a relationship because I have always got the emotional support I need from my friends and family.
peacefairy
To become happy you have to do positive and health work,like helping others and riding and hiking etc
Anonymous
Think that you don't have relationships to stress over, you can travel as much as you want and nobody is telling you not to, you can even move abroad and you don't have to think about how to get your boyfriend/girlfriend to move with you. You have so many choices and you don't have to think about anyone else than yourself :)
Anonymous
being single also make you can do happy thing like you can hangout with your friends, do crazy thing you like, make a party and travelling new place
SleepyTea0
I would say to celebrate all of the good things in your life! You can travel, buy and eat all the food you want, and you have full control so be happy!
Anonymous
Embrace yourself. Find new hobbies you can enjoy by yourself, spend time with friends and family. The first step to finding love is loving yourself first!
emberdanielle
I would suggest taking the time to better your connection with friends, family, and yourself. Learn new things, and become a stronger person in your own right. Also, take the time to enjoy the freedom that comes with being single. It's not all bad! Hope this helps! :)
Saudade42
The best part about being single is that you get to focus on yourself. A chance to learn about, develop and love yourself.
Anonymous
Think of all the things your can do! How much fun you can have with your friends and family! Also think of how much fun you had before your relationship! Hope this helps!
Skuhlm1
Take the time to find who you are from the very depth of the spirit, from this everything flows. This is the essence of the spiritual path, once your heart and head are right then everything else is aligned.
handsomeForest17
Being single gives you alot of time to concentrate on yourself and learn something new. realize the fact that a persons most of the time is spent alone and it's perfectly fine to be alone and know about yourself.
SleepyWillow54
Being single is an opportunity for personal growth. It's a time for you to contemplate on your life and figure out what's most important to you. Use this time to explore - whether it be through travelling, taking up a new hobby, playing a new sport, or even volunteering for a good cause - like 7Cups! Using this time to focus on yourself will attract like-minded people, meaning more opportunities to find a potential partner ;)
Nyxxae
By realizing that to be happy with a partner, you must first be happy with yourself. You are a human being all on your own and you do not need an add-on to complete you. You likely have many years to find love, use the years you have now to find love within yourself and for yourself first.
uniquecreature41
A tough one! And in all honesty most people find it incredibly difficult. But those who have managed to carve their own way in life without being chained to someone else have the space and capacity to live their life on their terms. Sure, they probably get lonely but they also have the chance to go out if they want or stay in. They can have a pet if they want, they can cook whatever food they like, they have complete command over the remote control. They also have an entire bed to themselves, trust me, that's not something to disregard! But what successful single people have managed above all else is to incorporate self reliance the hard way and then incorporate that into their everyday life. They are in control of most aspects of their personal life and are rarely bored. They are also more likely to be better developed individuals than those who have moved from one relationship to another or spent their whole lives with one person. Apply these tough life lessons into your own world and you will have unlocked the key to pretty much everything!
Jessyca20
Well being single can be tough or it can be the most awesome time of your life. Haveing someone to be by your side and someone you can confide in is just awesome. But jumping into realationships can couse severe problems. So being happy is all about perspective. If you want to be happy then only you can know how to make yourself really happy No one eles can do that for you
Catsarecool123
It may be hard when everyone around you are being all cuddled up like birds in a nest for winter, while you may feel like the odd one out. Personally with me, I've never compared what I have with others because I know the circumstances are different. For instance, they might've met their partner through being neighbors in a small apartment. They might've met them on tinder, or a very coincidental situation that seem like an impossible romantic comedy. But the thing here is, it's all coincidental. Maybe the right person for you is waiting at a cash register at a local supermarket. Maybe right now theyre taking a nap or snacking on some hot cheetos. Wherever he is right now, there is a person out there that will be healthy for you to love. But for now, know that he will be in your life someday, maybe not today, but someday. So in the meantime, occupy yourself with life being single. Catch up with old friends. Go to a bar. Try learning a new language. Learn how to sow. Being single is the same as a relationship, except that is you're the one loving yourself, not another person doing it for you. Think about it! How could you be happy with someone else when you dont love yourself to begin with? :)
originalbraveheart63
You can just learn to enjoy your own company and it would make you feel a lot better with yourself as being single.
Anonymous
I feel happy about being single :) It is totally fine. There are a number of reasons as to why this is happening. Being in a relationship can be stressful, it can make you feel like you are tied down or are being controlled by that person. Being single can make you feel free in a way, depends on the person.