How can I feel happy about being single?

Turkey

Caglagul Turhan, Msc

Art Therapist

I believe that being aware of who a person is, will help to make the life better. I help children, adolesences, adults and parents for understanding themselves

Popsicle1990
Not being in a relationship is a perfect opportunity to get to know yourself. This is physically, mentally and emotionally. It is very easy when you are in a relationship to forget about yourself but single you can do want makes you happy and find new things that excite you. A partner should be an addition to you not something that completes you.
inomniaparatus6
You need to realize that you are good enough to make yourself happy. You do not depend on anyone else to enjoy and love your life. Having a partner by your side is definitely great, but sometimes you need to take what you learned from a relationship and move on to a better you.
Ashlyn2019
self care. embrace the fact that you're beautiful and don't need anyone to tell you that. practice being independent
pandalistener06
You can still discover things for yourself, like you can still have fun learning a new language, getting a new hobby, experience new adventures-- on your own. Enjoy individuality as much as you can before you lose that opportunity of being alone and having some tranquility.
beautifulPainting66
January 22nd, 2017 2:02am
Do things you love! Go out with friends, go out alone! Figure out who really truly are. Once you make that connection with yourself you will be much happier. No one is happy all the time, no matter if they are single or in a relationship, so you have to be a source of happiness for yourself, whatever that means to you personally. You'll get there, it just takes time and patience :)
Anonymous
There is no "how" in this. You just have to embrace the fact that there will be happy and sad days of being single. Be open to all the feelings given by the heart and the mind. Don't be afraid to feel happy, don't be afraid to feel sad. And don't think about it too much. Stop thinking, start feeling. Never skip the process.
avanef
Being single sometimes can be fun, I mean not on a rude note, but like you don't have to worry about anyone cheating on you. You don't have to take time to spend with someone, you don't have to worry about someone trying to get in your relationship business. I know some people like being single and live just fine without having someone with them. Who knows.
professionalDeer72
February 23rd, 2017 6:14pm
By looking at all the positive things in being single! whatever you could think of, even if small things. Make a list of what the single life can offer you and be happy with your momentary state, because there will come a day where you'll find too your soulmate waiting for you somewhere! :)
marvelousMermaid87
Take it as a chance to explore yourself :) go out with your friends, make new friends, discover a new hobby, treat yourself to things. Give yourself self love, tell yourself that you love you, that you have a beautiful body, that you matter and don't need to rely on someone else. ♥
Oceansunset33
Being single is the best time to get to discover yourself, what you like, and who you are. There shouldn't be a rush to be in a relationship, when it feels right it feels right. Learn to love yourself first, the most important relationship is with YOU!
Imhereforyou1005
Just do the things you love to do! Like drawing, painting, going to the beach, bake a cake, dance and sing like no one's watching by yourself and hang out with ya single friends. It's not really all about being happy for being single, but being happy as yourself
BethTheSage
If all you think about is your next relationship, it is very hard. If you can learn to be happy with who you are, as you are, you will feel good about yourself if your single or not.
Leenient
March 22nd, 2017 5:05am
Practice feeling gratitude on what you have and don't have being single. Embrace the fact that you're single and you can still find happiness by your own.
Anonymous
You don't have to answer to anyone. You can do what you want, when you want. If you don't want to go somewhere, you don't have to. Your free time is yours to spend as you wish. You can binge watch your shows. You can learn about yourself and experience personal growth and find out how your next relationship might be better, if you choose one.
BlindFaith
There is no rules as to whether one should be married, partnered, multiplied or single. Therefore if we feel comfortable being single than no one can make us feel otherwise even if they judge!
revibe
Being single does not get the credit it deserves! The focus is on you! You control your own happiness, not someone else. Once you learn to be happy with yourself then you can be happy with someone else!
Anonymous
Being single also means that you have more time to focus on yourself. You can do things which you enjoy doing. You can spend time with your friends. At times it does feel like being single is really the worst of things bt it does not really have to be the case. Take the time to find what you really want and need in your life :)
StormyAngles18
The ways you can feel happy about being single is realizing that you being single has opened your life to so many doors that can be open. Being single means you can put yourself first and follow your dreams and better yourself as a person. The key to being happy about being single is knowing you can finally give love to yourself.
Anonymous
you can allow yourself to discover new adventures and new emotions. Start feeling ways differently, take decisions for yourself only, and take good care of yourself
Suitcase33
While being single, you can find the time to improve yourself. Use the time you'd invest in a relationship with a significant other in yourself. Pick up a hobby, develop a new skill. Get to know what you like and what you don't. This will bring you joy from day to day and if you find yourself in a new relationship, this will improve the relationship as well.
Harrystyles167
Think of all the things you can do without a partner. You can look at someone who you find attractive, even flirt with them. You can hangout with friends without getting worried about your partner. You can do whatever you like and not have to worry about drama.
Anonymous
Being single, for me, is the best experience, since I get to time to myslef, to figure out who I exactly am, to learn to love myself. This helps build confidence and gives me a chance to self evaluate and better myself. Being single helps me stay focused on the job at hand and provide my best.
Anonymous
Being in a relationship doesn't necessarily equal happiness. Sure, love adds to happiness. But being happy starts with you. You must be happy with yourself and live in general if you expect to be happy in a relationship. You can be happy and be single - you have freedom and opportunities and choices.
Vronica23
It can be difficult being single, especially after being with someone for a while, or even just when you see others in relationships. But I think being single is a great opportunity for self discovery. You don't have to compromise on what someone else wants or needs, so you can explore new things you've always wanted to try, you can indulge in hobbies you like to do. It's a perfect chance to get to know yourself. It can also be a great way to meet new people that are into the things you like to do, and create new friendships. It's a great time to get a true sense of yourself, which I think can be beneficial to you later if you find yourself in another relationships down the road.
RunWild717
There's a freedom that comes with being single, an it gives you time to focus on you and being happy. There are no pressures to say you have to do this or that every day. You can wake up in the morning and say, today I'm going to have a me day and do something for myself. I'll go hiking, go shopping, go to the beach or the bar, and at the end of the night you can call it a day and go to sleep as early or as late as you wish. Being single doesn't have to be a bad thing, it can be liberating or uneventful. It's what you make of it that defines it
Jeni47
I love who I am. There is joy all around me and amazing people to meet and friends to make. I can do these things regardless of whether I am single or with a partner.
Kristenpaige889
Learn to love yourself. You do this by learning who you are, what your passions are, etc. Focus on you, and only you! Do something that you love doing, like photography, dancing, singing, drawing, listening to music, watching your favorite show on Netflix, anything! In my opinion it is best to learn how to be alone before you get into a serious relationship, because you will know how to survive if for some reason you two break up.
hopefulSky28
When you are single you live life for yourself. You take your own decisions, learn from your mistakes, and improve. You will learn to grow stronger on your own, know and trust yourself, which is very important for future events and encounters that will happen in your life.
Teddster
You can feel happy about being single by realising you are one step closer to finding out your true self and loving yourself. No one can trully love you or know you if you don't know or love yourself already. Be happy for the opportunity you've been given and you will realise that your next relationship will be very very different.
blanketsandbooks
You get to spend time with you! I've just been realizing how to be content with myself. It's hard to do at first, and takes a lot of effort, especially if you got out of a hard relationship. When you're in relationship, you have another person to cherish and love. They're your partner, and they consume a lot of your time. When you're single, you get to know and learn about yourself; how you are at your best and at your worst. You can focus on your goals what you want to do(: