How can I stop letting that person or the memory of that person dictate the quality of my life?

Graham Barrone, Adip ICHP, MCBT

If you've found that your quality of life has reduced because of anxiety, fear or some kind of mental hurdle that you just can't get over then lets chat.

frostyMoon72
Start thinking about yourself and what you want in life and let this person motivate you to prove them wrong
Anonymous
that person whatever he did to you is a now just a memory and nothing more than a memory. But him, me or nobody can hit you so hard that you can not get up. Real strength is the ability to get up after any blow.
Life705
You have to learn to accept that you cannot change the past and that a new chapter in your life has started. It is often very hard to just forget and go on. It is normal to often look back and cling to memories. We shouldn't be hard on ourselves because we are affected by our memories of something that is gone. However, we also have to see that we have a life independent from that one person, that we should always be good to ourselves, and that only if we let go of the past something new and better can become a part of our lives. Cherish the memories and accept that things are over. Look forward to the many new experiences you will still make in the course of your life. One day you will be able to forget and go on. Sometimes it needs a little time
wonderfulIcicle35
Concentrate on yourself transform you into best version of you. Go to classes, activities previously not tried, join groups, clubs, volunteer. Begin by looking within, learn to like/love self. Once achieved can start to love others.
LifeWithoutYouIsNewToo
You have to get closure on the situation, so you'll be able to move on from it. If you don't have closure, it'll only deepen.
Anonymous
I don't know if time does heal wounds. But it gets easier to deal with each passing day. Some people or events can trigger unwanted emotions but all I do is just focus at that emotion till its gone even if its a temporary fix.
silverSound86
To do this I need to re-direct my life. I can start doing things differently in my life. I can pursue new hobbies. Meet new people. Create new experiences. Allow myself to renew myself.
Lumin0us
Try to write about it even when you want to forget it. Start off by writing about them a lot in one week then each week allow yourself to slowly move away from that
Yourpersonal911
look in the mirror , you're absolutely wonderful and beautiful , the quality of your life is up to you
Anonymous
When ever you feel that memory is governing you write or draw it out let out the anger the built up frustration that the memory cause
DrParkerListens
From my experience, letting go is a hard step. What really helped me was listing ways in which I were better off without them and that they had left my life for a good reason. Every closed door open a big and brighter one. In case of bad experience, think about how they helped you grow or what you've learned from it. Some of my worst experiences I would never take back because it has made me a more open and understanding person.
NoRosesWithoutThorns
You can try seeing every thought as a cloud, as cliche as it is, watch it exist, know its there and just let it be. Don't dwell on it and they'll just pass by in time.