How can I tell my boyfriend how I feel about him?

Cassandra Coleman-Heppler, LCSW, LICSW

I believe that problems are separate from the person having them and that our own stories and how we look at our own stories directly influences how we perceive those problems

Anonymous
Just be honest with him and tell him in person and if he loves you and respects you he will understand and be there for you
Caringmagic60
If I'm so confident about my feelings, I'd never hesitate to express my feelings.I don't want to expect anything from him
Fluffybunnies
I would use your actions. While it takes massive amounts of courage sometimes to tell people how we feel, I would do exactly that. If that isn't your cup of tea, perhaps you could express yourself by making him dinner or taking him out on a date. Good luck!
VioletWescott
Just do it! Don't be afraid :) if you two are dating, he must truly love you. Even if it's hard, just be yourself and say it!
Oliverofsummersgoneby
It depends on how you feel about him. If it was something endearing then say it with as much conviction as possible "I love you ok? Actions speak louder than words and I may not be able to do much now, but I'll be here for you" or something like that. If it was something like breaking up then be slightly sympathetic and treat it seriously and don't run away from your problems.
Anonymous
Depends on what you feel about him . If you feel good, just do it, use your opportunity. If you feel bad, take it slow, explain it slow. There's always time to repair and freshen up
PacificSunrise
There are many ways you can tell your boyfriend how you feel about him. You can be creative and do it by writing or gift giving. If it is something serious, you can ask him to sit down and chat over tea or somewhere where you two can be alone. Sometimes, it's hard to say the things we wanted to say. It's best to write it out, then rehearse it. Not rehearse it line by line, but to practice saying it and capturing all the points you want to make. In a difficult situation, it's good to schedule a time with your friend or someone supportive in your life after the difficult conversation so you can have someone to talk about the situation after you went through a difficult chat with bf.
EllaLoves
I think this is a very personal and an individual question. It depends on what you need to tell him, sometimes I advise you talk to people you know, friends, family and of course people here at 7cups who can help you reach out to your boyfriend in whatever way you need.
luminousPainting36
just be honest express yourself in whichever way you feel true to you with words or actions do it in the way that you feel truest to yourself.
PerfectlyImperfectListener
Just be honest with him, take your time and go for it. Honesty is always best. I know isn't easy but you can do it.
Zoe17
Go into the conversation with the intention of telling him how you feel about him, articulate your feelings in a way that clearly expresses that intention (doesn't have to be through words necessarily), and hold space for him to reciprocate how he feels openly and honestly
shvrry
Go on a date with him, and then open up to him. Always let him know how you feel about him. If you love him a lot, always show it to him and express it to him in any way you can find. If you don't love him anymore, just be honest but nice about it. Remember that if you don't want to be with someone, don't force yourself to do so. Do what you know is right for you.
Anonymous
If you love him, you won't have difficulty telling him. We can tell them in so many different ways, Its all up to you how you want to tell him.
Chinup221
This is a hard question especially since I don't know how you feel about him. But to be honest just tell him how you feel. He will either understand or he won't. You never know.
Anonymous
Depending on your relationship. If it's a long one. Take time to explain to him, don't give him the usual 'it's not you its me'. It's better to be honest and tell him no rather than leading him on for nothing. Take care and good luck :)
Unicornsparkles94
Don't hesitate, think though about exactly how you are feeling, don't hold back keep calm and tell him what you need to say. Don't fear what his reply may be, just talk anything with a pinch of salt :)
Anonymous
If you and your boyfriend really love eachother, there shouldn't be any problems with talking to eachother. Just ask him to sit down and that you want to have a chat with him. If it's not too bad, you can tell him that he shouldn't worry. Just try to keep it a calm and respectful conversation. If you really cannot do it, you could message him saying you need to talk the next time you see him, and if that's okay.
Anonymous
well you should take him out for a coffee and discuss genral things when ever you feel he is enjoying the conversation just give him a hint about your feelings
Anonymous
It is very, very hard for me to express my true feelings, or rather, negative feelings to my boyfriend. I am aware that this is an issue of me. I've been trying to work out my courage to tell him.
Freebird11
Be sincere, be receptive, ask him to be consider your feelings. It's not always easy being honest, but sometimes the best way is start with facing yourself and making sure you are expressing the truths of your own heart and mind.
Anonymous
March 2nd, 2016 7:32am
Staying true to yourself and being honest to both of you shows a lot of respect and that you genuinely care.
Ardo
March 2nd, 2016 6:49pm
Just be honest and upfront tell your boyfriend that you want to speak to him privately and do not hold anything back, but also listen to what he has to say,
LoveandNotHate1997
March 3rd, 2016 2:23pm
Telling him how you feel can be hard sometimes, but there are moments where you have to say those things to him but in a kind and approachable manner.
Anonymous
You could give him little gifts, homemade collages, write small poems, give him handwritten love notes... also, just plain telling him is wonderful too.
LiveInvictus
Honesty is key. If you are in love with him, telling him is the best thing you can hope for. If you are worried that he might not feel the same way, then maybe choose a time when you can discuss it. Like when he says something funny in the car, tell him like you mean it. This can open a conversation about how you feel. It could be that he doesn't know how he feels, and this could be really helpful. Best case, you no longer have to hide how you feel. Worst case you have a conversation about feelings. Honesty is truly the best option, but be ready for truth back.
glisteningLynx61
Openly let him know , really in a relationship it is key to at least feel okay with being open to your lover when it comes to how you feel good or bad :)!
Vrity26
Love is a very beautiful feeling and it comes to the lucky ones. Expressing your love for someone is easy as well as difficult! Actions speak louder than words. Prove him your love :) Do what he likes, cook/bake for him. Express your love through hand made cards or chocolates or any such creative thing. Most of all, make him feel loved all the time. Don't cling to him, give him space. Boys require there personal space. Do not cling! Gifts are another thing, showing him your love by actions will make him realise you're into him. Good luck!
Lightyourlife
First take your time to know if you're sure that you feel about him like that, if you're sure then go ahead and tell him. You might make it special or just tell him over lunch or something.
taylorsvec
Telling someone how you feel about them can be hard sometimes, but know that you don't have to tell them how you feel right away in the relationship. If you're early into your relationship, it's not crucial to tell him exactly how you feel as soon as possible, but if you do want to or if you're far into your relationship and still haven't told him because you don't now how, maybe try doing it in a way where you can tell him without using words. Bake him cupcakes and write "I" on one, "Love" on another, and "You" on another. Or maybe type/write him a note and put all your feelings into it. I hope everything goes well! Best of luck, Taylor, 7 Cups Community
Anonymous
Guys usually don't take hints like we do, so don't merely use hints. Most times (in certain situations) guys like it when a girl is assertive about her feelings! So be bold, don't feel like you have to let HIM make the first move.