How can I tell my boyfriend how I feel about him?

Cassandra Coleman-Heppler, LCSW, LICSW

I believe that problems are separate from the person having them and that our own stories and how we look at our own stories directly influences how we perceive those problems

Bubbles46 - Expert in Breakups
Is it good or bad? And If you have a good relationship then you should be able to tell each other everything so I would just go for it and tell them
JDM108
Overthinking ruins communication if you ask me. If you're not able to be natural with someone and just tell them without too much editing, then maybe it's better you scare them away
SunnyGrey
Do it in a peaceful place where there is only you two, so you won't get interrupted and you can talk trough it together :)
gentleDaisy83
i would say tell him what you feel because if you keep quiet he is not a psychologist who can read your mind.
Anonymous
You don't need an occasion to express what you feel towards someone :) ut a nice way to do it is to start a random conversation then throw in a casual comment about how you're glad he's around, or how you enjoy talking to him even if it's something so random..etc
Anonymous
You just have to find the right moment and start talking. Be honest about your feelings but not too straight-forward and blunt. Be patient and brave. He is your boyfriend so you know him. Ask yourself, when is the right moment?
carlier231
You can explain your feelings by asking him to sit down and listen, or write a letter to him, or text him. Don't be afraid to come off as "too strong", because if you don't take risks, you won't go anywhere very fast
Skygivesyoulight
Take a deep breath. Write it down, get together what you want to say. And say it when you feel like you're comfortable enough to.
Anonymous
Some feelings are hard to express, but small gestures are enough to make them understand. You can do something small and simple which can bring smile on his face. Small things can make a difference.
lipsticklez
When he comes near you say what's been on your mind only if he is paying you mind, make sure you are careful and considerate with your words
Anonymous
Good communication is key to any relationship. Acquiring good communication skills will allow you to express what you feel to your boyfriend.
stickydatepudding14
You can't go wrong with being honest. If he loves you, and I hope he does, then how you honestly feel will mean the most.
SenpaiXD
Honesty is one of the main keys to maintaining a relationship. Just say whats on your mind in the most considerate and kindest way possible. Let him know you are being real and genuine. In the long run, this will be beneficial towards your relationship because you are able to be honest with your partner.
KindBeauty01
Communication is a key factor in all relationships, sit him down and talk to him, express how you feel towards him.
Anonymous
Honesty is the best policy, this may sound cliché but it holds true. You need to be straight forward and express your opinion
Anonymous
Well.......you can try by either writing to him if you feel like you cannot tell him directly :) A love letter is a sweet thing to get from your S/O!
Anonymous
You have to be absolutely honest with your boyfriend, right? It's the basement for your relationship.
Anonymous
By taking him to somewhere private where both of you are alone and somewhere very peaceful to think.
Dhruva0707
First reconnect with your thoughts, the mindfullness path in here is very helpful for that. Once you have a clear mind, be comfortable with him, and tell him the truth. You know what to do, as you alone best understand your situation.
hereforyouanytime111
Just have a great night out some where and have a great evening and then just explain how you both feel that night about each other
SoulPastries
Be honest. Keeping those feelings inside can create more problems in the long run. if your feelings about him are positive, don't miss out on the possibilities. if your feelings about him are negative, remember that honesty will help you both in the long run.
Anonymous
Be open and honest! New relationships are always tricky. When is it ok to express your feelings? Will they express the same feelings back? I myself am in this situation just now. My new partner of only 3 weeks has dropped the L bomb! It was very unexpected, and as much as I wanted to say it back, I simply felt that it was far too soon. It wasn't that I didn't feel the same way, it's that I feel rushed! Actions speak loader than words, and so if you can't quite find the words to say, show him how you feel. Best of luck!
drayofLight
I am not sure what will work best for you and give the results you are looking for. However, we can toss out a few ideas and look for examples to maybe help figure out what to say or how to say it. What do you think?
tryingtostayhappy2
Well, this is an interesting question. Communication is important in any relationship, so explaining your feelings would be very important. However you feel, it's always good to keep everyone informed.
NeverSleepingIcarus
It depends on what you want to tell him, but I'm sure that he will love your honesty. If I was him, I would. :) Good luck!
peacefulIris56
Start with small talk about the relationship and get a conversation going. Then as the conversation gets going then use the word "feel" in your sentences.
wonderfulVision91
Communication is the key to everything. Being compassionate and real with the person would make it easier to deal with. Address the problem in a good manner
Anonymous
sometimes you just need to sit down take a deep breath and let your emotions talk. no sometimes it isn't that simple but this always seems to be the best way in the end xx
MilaMaric1
It's your boyfriend, just do it. The key to a good, longlasting relationship is always telling the truth and trust.
RobVL
With heartfelt sincere words. No really. Believe it or not, like woman most men also would like to be loved for who they are or told if they don't make you feel the way you want to feel. It isn't always about gifts and treats or the silent treatment and punishments. Some times it really is just about being open and honest and communicating that honesty in a healthy civil manner. Speaking up goes a loooooooong way.