How could I hurt somebody I care about like that? Why did our relationship just fizzle out? Could I even imagine getting in a relationship with somebody else?

Italy

Anna Pavia, psicologa psychologist counselor

I feel my work as my personal mission and I love it. My work with clients is nonjudgmental, supportive. I am a very good listener. I use several approaches. Amo il mio lavoro.

caringCara11
March 3rd, 2015 6:46pm
More often than not, we part ways with those we care about. Sometimes, we part in hurtful ways. Don't get down on yourself about how you handled this situation. Take it as a lesson and apply it next time you are faced with a similar problem. There are many reasons why relationships fizzle out. The most common reason is that both partners get so involved with each other that they forget to be independent. It's this independence that makes both partners individually appealing to the other and brings spark to the relationship! Love yourself and all your wonderful qualities and your partner will fall in love with them, too. As far as getting into another relationship, don't worry about it for now. Focus on yourself. Tune into your body, mind, and spirit to discover what you need. This will not only distract you from your ended relationship, but it will help you get to know yourself, connect you to others in unexpected ways, and ultimately attract new relationships where you can apply all you've learned.
AliBaba731
March 2nd, 2015 5:30pm
Communication is key. Nobody intends to harm those they love: they just try to do what they think is best. But talking and listening to one another can benefit both of you. You can be with someone else, just keep in mind that being open with one another is a very important factor.
FeatherIce25
Don't go so hard on yourself. To err is human. Everyone is entitled to make mistakes. Introspect. What went wrong? Why did you reacted like that? What was the cause of you behaviour. Yes, after sometime ,when you are guilt free and have moved on , you will find someone else.
sillsny
April 22nd, 2015 4:06am
Sometimes, we must put our desires first in life. Relationships do not always work out as planned. This does not make the people involved bad, but just means that there in two different places in life. If being with someone else makes you happy in life, then being with someone else is what you should do!
Anonymous
Not every one is meant to be together. but we are all different, enjoy life instead of being stuck.
Anonymous
At first it feels like you cannot move on but after a long long while emotions start to be easier to handel
musicalDew34
Yes u should always look towards your future to avoid thise mistakes which u made in past...if that person is genuine dont let them go
Anonymous
Sometimes people do things that they do not mean, some people just are not meant to be. It is up to you whether you would like to get into another relationship or not.
2cupsofteaa
Perhaps you have emotional baggage that has not been made aware and healed yet. Also, it happens. Hurting somebody you care about. It's cause this person has become so close to you, that if you're feeling emotional, it will indirectly affect those in close vicinity (especially if you're unconsciously taking it out on the person). Relationships fizzling out has a multitude of reasons, but common senses is that you need two people to work at it in order for a relationship to continue. Perhaps there was a lack of commitment or communication? Right now, it sounds like you're feeling too hurt to imagine being in another relationship with somebody else. Just because you cannot imagine it doesn't mean that a new relationship will not happen in the future. It might just mean that you should use this time and space for yourself and grow on your own for now.
moonknitter
We are forever growing and sometimes this leads to different feelings and ideas about life in general. There is no wrong, just different. As you figure out the new you, you will find others that share your same interests and ideas, which may lead to another relationship.