How do I disentangle myself from someone I have literally built my life around?

Kristin Noyes, MSW, LCSW

Depression and anxiety can feel overwhelming even on the best of days. I believe in helping clients understand these disorders and help them to reduce and manage symptoms.

peacefulWinter54
From experience, time and distance is the best way to heal from something like that. Distance yourself from that person by doing things like deleting them from your phone so you do not get the urge to call or text them, delete them from social media so you do not see them every day, meet new people that will help you grow as a new person, and find things that will help you figure out who you outside and away from that other person.
Chokeli
Its a step wise journey. You can keep the gifts away, stop calling, find something new to do. life is like a tree. It grows again.
lovelyLynx18
I found it best to just get back to your friends and just remake yourself. Find out what you want and do what makes you happy.
musicalDew34
If u r not comfortable with them then u must disentangle asap.. wat matters is u and your happiness.. nothing else..so feel free to free urself fromg anything which doesnt make u happy 😉
Soldiersinthestorm1
By realising what has caused you to need or want to be disentangled. If you are living with the person take the necessary steps to leave.
Sometimes we just need to be independent. Get out from relying on someone so much. Take it one step of the time and find ways that you can be more independent in the process.