How do I know I am ready for a new relationship?

Jamitia Wilson, MS, LAC

I believe that true healing occurs when one is able to honestly express how one feels about himself/herself and the world. I would be honored to support your healing change.

JOSHlovesyou
You know you are ready when you fully come to terms with the emotions from your break up. When you are able to look back at those memories and not break down. also it is important not to start a relationship until you have come to terms with your feelings for your ex-partner. entering a relationship with feelings for someone else isn't healthy for you, and it isn't fair to your new partner.
ImaginaryLight
If you start talking to people, getting to know them better, (even knowing this could lead you to something more) and feel completely fine and comfortable about it, it's because you're ready. So, if you feel like, maybe it's time give it a shot!
therapinto
Well there are many factors you can consider while answering that question. First of all, you need to learn to be happy by yourself (you must not be desperate to be a relationship). Secondly, you won't settle for conditional love (have it with conditions or don't have it). You should be happy the way you are. Make sure your not in that phase of life when you seek for constant distraction like keeping the TV on all the time or music playing in the background. Attract a like-minded partner. Well I think that's pretty much the things you must check before getting into a new relationship.
goldenLight64
I'm in a good place in my life. I'm doing well in school, I have a great relationship with my family and I would like to complete the circle by finding a special person I can call my partner.
catsforever
If you feel that you want to date someone else, only you can decide when you are ready. You might not be over your last partner but some partners may be difficult to get over.
WoundedHappyHeart
It's different for everyone. You might start noticing things abut girls/guys that you didn't when you were in your relationship.
Anonymous
1) The thought of your ex going out with someone else doesn't upset you (too much, anyway). 2) The thought of going out with someone new makes you feel fresh and hopeful. 3) You don't feel compelled to talk or think about your ex the whole time when you're with the new person.
Tinygreentreefrog1234
September 22nd, 2015 2:13am
That is based on you. Maybe talking to friends, family, teachers, coworkers, people in the chat, listeners, chatlines, and other mental health care professionals. Take your time. Enjoy your life. Don't be in a hurry. You and your future partner deserve it.
Anonymous
When you feel you are mature enough to handle all responsibility and you feel that you can commit!!!
TellMeImListening
I know I am ready when everything in my life is the way that I want it. I can't add another responsibility to my life if other things are out of order.
Nithou
Once you start to believe in your self-worth again, go at your own pace, build yourself again, you'll be ready once you regain full confidence in yourself :)
Brooksy999
If you're happy to look for a new lover, and that you have truly moved on from the last relationship
Anonymous
Well, how do you know? Have you moved past your ex? And you feeling ready to be in another relationship
xTOMx
By feeling that you are happy knowing your with somebody else, by knowing that everything will be okay
When you stop comparing your old relationship with your new one. When you have totally let go of your past relationship and you are willing to open a new chapter with a new relationship.
Anonymous
When you no longer see yourself in the future with that person. The past is an important thing, but it shouldn't dwell upon the future.
benevolentBlanket61
When you are happy as an individual. When the past doesn't matter anymore. When you've completely moved on and contented with what's going in your life at the moment.
MrDoctorMan
You are ready when you feel it is right. Maybe evaluate your mental state, if you are dealing with any kind of disorder that may make you unstable, you may not be ready and want to take time to get better before involving yourself in a committed relationship, because that way you will be able to stay focused and dedicated for when you do decide to get involved.