How do I stop blaming myself?

Katherine Aucoin, Transpersonal Counselling Psychology

I specialize in women's issues. I offer you compassion and support on your unique journey and work with you to heal your emotional wounds to find more freedom and joy.

Shikaa
Ask yourself - Is it worth blaming myself? What will I get by blaming myself? I can't change the past. So think about what better you can do in the future :)
Rebecca
One way to prevent self-blame is to watch out for those sorts of comments or thoughts. When you make a thought that blames yourself, stop and find an alternative fault that is more positive.
LilyFlowers
You stop by making the choice to stop. Understanding that blaming yourself isn't going to help you or anyone else and just creates more pain. What's done is done, all we can do is live.
AmyMagdy16
What happened had happened so why you gonna waste time in blaming yourself ! and you can learn from your mistakes .
NDS369
By remembering all the sacrifices and compromises I made to keep the relationshop going, inspite of that if he left me, well It wasn't me!
UniqueMonique
Just think about how pointless it is to blame yourself over something, we all make mistakes and learn from them. Just think to yourself, why do i care what anyone thinks of me and what i do? You have the right to do whatever you want so dont dwell on the mistakes. Especially the ones in the past. Try and laugh about it and move on as soon as you can and you'll be happy and eventually forget about it :)
Anonymous
Your past doesnt have any control of your Now. What is past is past. Let it go then. Start a new Now.
LoverOfHappiness
It takes encouraging words from yourself. You have to be the one to constantly tell yourself that it is okay to mess up. That not everything is your fault, and if it happens to be to make a change. Because standing there necessarily won't change anything unless you take the step to do something about it.
sweetLove11
Start looking at yourself in a positive light. You may have had your faults or made some mistakes but you shouldn't allow yourseld to continue feeling guilty. What's in the past cannot be changed and there's no use pondering on it, the only thing to do is learn from the mistakes made and move forward
competentBlueberry60
Are you sure you haven't been gaslighted ? Usually victims of emotional abuse tend to blame themselves because they internalize a lot of toxicity from their abuser, and that remains to be healed which is why self blaming and self defeating thoughts tend to pop in the mind. Having been through this myself, I could help if you want to reach out but it would well be worth it to have a read about a certain subject called - gaslighting.
Anonymous
You have to learn that not everything is your fault. One day in class, the question of the day was "who do you think most deserves an apology from you?" and I realized one day that it was me. I deserved an apology from myself. For always blaming myself for everything. For always being disappointed in myself for things I can't even control. It takes time, but you have to accept yourself and your flaws. Also learn that you can't always control certain situations.
enlightenedVoice40
To stop blaming yourself look at ways it wasn’t your fault. REMEBER that you are you and you are perfect.
alwaysthere89
Learn that EVERYONE makes mistakes and to forgive yourself. Based on personal experience, you have to understand what you blame yourself for and work to figure out what are some different options you can take. If you blame yourself for missing a work assignment, ask yourself why you missed it and how you can stay on task for next time - phone reminder, sticky notes etc. If you're blaming yourself for personal things - perhaps consider meeting with someone in person that can do more hands on activities to get your to a point where you can realize where the blame comes from and why.
AdaptiveUnicorn42
Whatever happened that you blame yourself for it, happened because of a chain of events. Nothing is worth blaming yourself about. Things just happen. You need to learn from your mistake and use it to become a better you so that you do even better next time. Always do your best, and accept that you did. Don't feel bad thinking how you could have done things differently. Instead, spot those things you didn't do well and work on improving yourself in that area. In the mean time, forget the worries and focus on making the best out of the moment you're living.