I can't get over my divorce. What should I do?

Italy

Anna Pavia, psicologa psicoterapeuta psychotherapist psychologist counselor

I feel my work as my personal mission and I love it. My work with clients is nonjudgmental, supportive. I am a very good listener. I use several approaches. Amo il mio lavoro.

Anonymous
Divorces can be very hard to get over. But this is the time when u need to be strong and think of all the sacrifices you made to make your marriage work and now that you freed yourself from those Ties, you have every right to do what u believe in. Treat yourself. Love yourself. Do things that make you happy, try new stuff, make like adventurous. You tried falling in love with someone else. Didn't work quite well. Now try falling in love with yourself.
PsychDreamer
Its normal to feel the pain of divorce for a long time. Its one of the most stressful things any person can go through. I would suggest that you keep living your life, focus on yourself for a while and do many things you enjoy. although that may be hard now, if you try slowly to get that pleasure back from doing things for yourself it will help you be able to cope better. After time maybe try some dating again.
BestPotato
Try to share your thoughts to a friend whom you could trust–since talking to anyone about your thoughts, reduces the problem.
Virtuosohealer
Never give up on yourself, you need to find peace from you doing things for yourself, make yourself happy and give what u really deserve so u don't have to think of past what ever happened and keep yourself busy with things that you do to make yourself happy.
Anonymous
Go out with some friends! Have a drink, tour the city, go shopping, just have fun! Great way to take your mind off things!
Anonymous
Divorce is always a tough thing to process, but the best thing in these situations is to relax. Don't stress yourself out because of this, it'll only make matters worse. Things will fall into place on its own, don't rush it.
alishaxbands
Seek help from a professional if this is causing depression or sucidal thoughts. It's okay to be upset, many people know what you are going through. Maybe join a support group. It takes time to become happy again.
YukiSYan246
Spend time with your family or your friends. Tell them your feelings. It takes time to heal.
starrySoul90
Try to do something that you like...what ever floats your boat. Focus on yourself and take care of yourslef...keep yourself busy! Look for a new journey in life...trust that whats coming is more and that should be exciting enough to make you get over a "boring" past.
RideaRainbow
Life is all about living in the present moment and moving on in the forward mode. Life isnt over if your marriage breaks up u dont have to be enemies u can maintain cordial ties or at least no ill feelings, If u have kids u will always be attached to your ex so dont divide or poison your kid/kids. Live on fully in the forward mode.......thats what I feel and have to share !!!!!!!!!
Brandi4life
Try to go places that distract your mind but are safe like movietheaters, roller skating, ice skating, and bowling. It helps a lot more if you go to these places with family or friends.
wonderousSugar31
Divorce isn't easy, you spent your life with someone and made a home. It's a big change from going from everything to nothing. Be kind to yourself, allow yourself to grieve for you husband, and look after yourself.
competentTree70
You should maybe try and see how you ex is holding up about the divorce and see if they're feeling the same. If not, then maybe you should try and move on and find someone else.
mysteriousKiwi37
Divorce is very challenging and its not easy to get over someone you love/loved. You can opt to speak with a qualified therapist who may be able to help you.
Anonymous
I only keep the good things and memories the marriage offered me, and the good things and experiences as a lesson precious to keep record of at next times in life.
Supergirl94
Think of why you can't get over it. Think of reasons how you can get over it and why you should get over it. Try to live for yourself now
Anonymous
A possible way to help is by thinking the negatives there was with in the marriage. I understand it can be hard to do so but also breaking the routine of what you use to do together. Also maybe trying to do things you couldn't do while being married.
Therhythmofheart
Firstly, don't force yourself to come out of it all of a sudden. Take baby steps. Try to find out new meaning in your life. Think rationally about the reasons you got divorced. Secondly, give yourself some time to understand the situation and don't give up. You are brave and courageous. Give some time everything will be fine.
AngelicHeart
Seek professional help like a therapist or a counselor. Talk to someone you trust who can help guide you through your feelings.
Anonymous
Keep yourself busy. Join clubs or groups that interest you. Try something different , something you didn't do with your ex.
Simchris1610
Think of all the good times in your marriage and also of the reasons that made you come to this decision. Remember life is a book and think of your divorce as a chapter that you've finished reading, once you turn the page you will find something worth looking forward to.
Anonymous
September 2nd, 2016 10:47am
Look at the brighter things in life. Go over all the happy memories you have and never look back on the negative ones.... You can do it!
Anonymous
Try to fill your time with activities you love, also try to be around people you love as much as you can!
SeanW
Focus on what makes you grow and progress, starting with Health always. Look at life and see what you can appreciate.
Matildestylinson
First of all, things take time and diferent persons needs diferent amount of time! An its okay to need more time! But if you really feel you cant get over it, you should see a therapist
BeautifulOutlaw
Divorce has a very big impact, especially if you're the one that was committed and did nothing wrong. It'll take some time. Talk to a therapist, and see what they recommend.
Anonymous
Divorce is a very difficult situation to just "get over". Give your self time to process it all. Spend time doing things that make you happy and occupy and spend time with supportive and positive people.
Anonymous
Open up to the idea of meeting new people. Possibly, consider dating other people. That might help you overcome the divorce.
IronicallyGeminiLeo
Surround yourself with things that make you happy. Do volunteer work, or pick up an instrument. Do something that will keep your mind busy and occupied, and will give you a new aspect to focus on.
gloriousWings68
Friends, spend as much time with friends as possible... They will take your mind off it and hopefully you eventually realize that everything's going to be okay, and you will survive without your loved one