I still have dreams about my ex, sometimes they're good and sometimes they're bad. What does that mean?

Australia

Raifiel Cyril, Masters in Applied Psychology

Everyone needs a little support from time to time to take the next step. I am here to listen and help you achieve what your heart desires.

guidamaximo
It can mean a lot of things, it isn't the same for everyone. It can mean you miss him, you are worried about your situation, or it can mean absolutely nothing, don't worry too much about it :)
Anonymous
If you are still have dreams about your ex whether they be good or bad, that means that you still have mixed emotions about them and don't know how to feel about them.
PashT007
Some dreams have meanings and some dreams don't. I have heard that people dream about others when they think about them heavily.
Aditi24
June 22nd, 2015 7:25am
Relationships tend to have long term effects on our lives. Its very important to understand even if the individual is not a part of our life anymore, feelings about him do exist in our subconscious mind and they reflect in form of dreams. Even if he is your ex this thoughts might be still inside you that are coming out
chanelellierhea5
The meaning of your dreams can be a number of things. Maybe you miss them, maybe you wonder how they're doing, or maybe you didn't get the closure you wanted/needed. Regardless of your situation, dreams are caused by what's going on in your subconscious mind which is leading to these dreams you are having. Unfortunately, we cannot control our dreams.
Anonymous
I view dreams as a good source of information about feelings and emotions at a deep, non-verbal level. "Dream analysis" is a mostly discredited form of early psychoanalysis that relied heavily on semiotics theory to make arbitrary assumptions and universal interpretations of what dreams mean. The best dream analysis is not someone else's, but your own. Like most information with emotional content, I think it is possible for dreams to mean not one thing or another, but there are many possible interpretations based on the context of what you went through with your girlfriend and how you feel about her now. Either way, your dreams may be trying to tell you something. Listen to them, and interpret them in the most meaningful way for you.
PaintsGrayscaleHearts
It doesn't mean anything strongly.. I just mean you still think of him. Do you think of him before bed? Sometimes this is the cause why. People tend to dream about the last thing they think of. Other than that, dreams are dreams. Not reality. People can come and go in these dreams.
Vixiana
Having dreams about a person we were close to or are close to is normal. While we sleep our brain is processing and organizing a lot of information. Missing someone, unresolved feelings of grief, etc. can show up in dreams. If you're not thinking about them during the day, your subconscious can still think about them, hence they show up in your dreams, be it as a reminder of the good times, maybe a wish to have the back or a reminder of what went wrong.
DipityEnigma
Usually when people have reoccurring thoughts or dreams about an ex, it usually means that they have some regret about the relationship ending. The good dreams remind you of how good the relationship was but the bad dreams remind you of why the relationship may not have worked. I always stick by this motto: "Ex's are ex's for a reason". Try hard at a relationship and if it ends, at least you can say it tried but always remember why your broke up in the first place.
Anonymous
if I am thinking about the good things we had, I have good dreams about him, when I think about the bad things, I have bad dreams about him
LaPetiteBear
I believe this means you could possibly have underlying feelings for your ex partner. Maybe romantically, maybe resentfully. I think it is important to address these lingering emotions, whether they be positive or negative, as I strongly believe that this will assist you in progressing forward.
colourfulRose14
You miss them, but this normally happens after a break up.. just ignore it. unless you miss them a lot..
SMILEWIDE101
love remains forever in our hearts and souls. He was a true love who made you feel different. He cause different emotions and feelings bubble up inside u maybe its just those emotions coming back.
Anonymous
it can mean many things but it does seem to mean you and your ex meant a lot in each others life it reflects your relationship in a way one bad thing might be the fact their your ex plus if you want them to stop getting that out might help
IsisWondeerland
Well, I can know excatly why, but I think the reason why we dream what we dream comes from the most deeps of wishes. Maybe you need to sit, think and analize what you're felling for this person and why...
eQuatiun
Dreaming about your ex can mean multiple things. For example, you can be dreaming about your ex because you had a very deep connection with this person, it was someone who meant a lot to you and you most likely still care about them. Dreaming about your ex does in no way mean that you are still in love with them (that is also a possibility), but that you have been. If you are experiencing mixed dreams (good and bad), it might mean that you are moving on, because one part of your brain misses the person you were with, while the other might be happy that you are no longer together. Personally when I have ended a relationship I usually miss being in a relationship more than the person, which is when I know we should not be together. In other words, dreaming about them can mean a lot of things, but overall you shouldn't worry too much about it.
Rebelyell90
It means that you have not moved forward in your life completely, if there is some unresolved business you need to address this with yourself or your ex for closeure.
Tali
It means that you still think about him, and that he had big impact on your life, and remains an important person for you - even if just as a memory. In general, relying on dreams as something objective is not practical, so there isn't gonna be any special meaning in whether the dreams are "good" or "bad".
AshThePaperGirl
It means you unconsciously still think of him/her. But please remember that just because a person is on your mind or you can't let them go, doesn't necessarily mean they're good for you. There's a reason they're ex right? It all depends on you what decision you take. learn from the past yet know what is important and must be done. Take care, my best wishes.
1musicloverever
Dreams are dreams. I, too, had the same thing happening to me. I wouldn't worry about it, just your mind helping you move on and most of the time dreams are just harmless things we dream about in bed.
Hummingbirdxo
It isn't necessarily a good thing nor a bad thing, nor does it mean you miss that particular person. I think it is just your subconscious telling you that you may miss those memories with that person, or something particularly good about your past lover is missing in your present lover.
Oscar029
Your mind is trying to get one them. You're not sure how you feel about them and things keep replaying in your head. Distract yourself. You're strong. You're surviving without your ex. Thinking you need them in your life is something you led yourself to believe. The feeling they gave you when they were there was like none other you have ever felt before. That's why it was so special. But it's all just a mental mind game. You fell for them, they fell for you. As soon as their feelings change, maybe yours didn't. But that doesn't change who you are. You're still strong and independent. Nothing but you can change that.
LifeCoach4U
It means you're missing that person or what routine you used to have. Just because that person isn't in your life anymore it doesn't mean your thoughts of them go away. Our daily grind is usually reflected in our dreams.
L0nglive
I have had similar dreams...it more or less means that while you broke up for a reason, you still think of them fondly from time to time. Or something during the day sparked a memory sub consciencely (sic)
victoriousVoice10
January 2nd, 2015 5:07am
In someway you still think about him now and then the memories you guys had. You guys went through good and bad scenarios so your dreams are coming out either good or bad.
Anonymous
this means you're a human being and that you dream about people and things that youve met in life or have had an kind of influence on you at some point. congratulations! you're normal! :)
Anonymous
It means that either your relationship does not have closure, or you are simply nostalgic. Maybe a bit of both.
Brittneym101
Dreams can mean a lot. Sometimes they mean nothing. Most people say that if you're dreaming about your ex it could mean a number of things such as they could be thinking/dreaming about you as well. There's no way to tell if it coming from something good or bad. More than likely it could be that he/she was the last person/thing that you were thinking about before you fell asleep. Who Knows?
janerosevelt324
my boyfriend of 4 years shows all of these signs (other than abusing kids and animals. he loves kids and animals… one of the reasons i fell in love with him) This is so sad for me because i know that he fits the “psychopath bill” to a tee, yet i find myself drawn to him. Its so heart breaking for me to think of leaving him for good but i know that he is an abuser. i feel like there’s something seriously wrong with me because he can treat me so horribly and yet i feel like i can never give him the boot for good. its like a horrible addiction! i know its killing me, emotionally, physically, psychologically and yet i keep going back. i feel like i have no support system and if i lose him i will be completely alone. my family has noticed the bruises and i make excuses.. they hear the fighting and i play it off as nothing… they see my self-esteem being non-existent but i just tell them i m fine. i feel like this cycle will never end and i am so scared to be in the same situation 10 years from now with him and feeling like i have thrown my life away for him.so i went on a search mission looking for help,solutions to what is wrong...on this magnificent day came when i was surfing on the internet,and i found this great and miraculous testimony of how this spell-caster helped to save his marriage.so i realize this was my solution,so i took his email out (apolovespelltemple@gmail.com) and i contacted him,and he replied with things required of me and i did as instructed and it was miraculous that my boyfriend's behavior has changed,now our relationship is the ready.....thank you
Salsashark
Dreams are all about what's going on in our subconsciousness. If you are thinking about someone a lot there is a very big chance they are going to appear in your dream. It doesn't really mean anything more than that but may have a huge effect on your well being. I was once going through a very bad breakup and was doing all I can to get better but those dreams were making it a lot harder for me. I eventually got rid of a problem by lucid dreaming, because I had a lot of experience with it. But I definitely wouldn't recommend it to someone who's new to this.