It's been 4 months since my boyfriend left me heart broken and still I don't know why it happened. Do things get clearly simply with time?

Temi Coker, MSC, MA, Dip.Cons

With over ten years experience, I offer a safe and confidential environment  for you to collect your thoughts, worries & life problems with no judgement or assumptions.    

Anonymous
Hi! I'm sorry you're hurting. The same thing happened to me in December. No, things do not get clearly simple with time. But. They do get better. Some things... we'll just never know. Your boyfriend doesn't sound like the kind of person to give you closure (it's okay, mine wasn't either) and waiting/expecting him to just keeps giving him power over you. Sometimes... closure doesn't happen. It sucks, and I'm sorry you're hurting. But life does get better. We learn to live with the lack of closure. We heal and grow and move on. I know it doesn't feel like it right now - but that's okay. It's okay to not be okay. Focus on you. Focus on the people who still love you. Clarity may never come, but healing will. I wish you peace.
Caringheart23
It's hard when you don't have answers you need. Sometimes it gets easier with time and sometimes we need help to get over something or someone who hurt us. If you feel like nothing's changing, you can always ask for help or talk about it with someone you trust, either your friends or even us listener or therapists here :)
Anonymous
With time and change of perspective, you will learn more about your self and about him. You will see through the fog of pain.
WilliamStickwell
Many things may interfere with the healing process. There are as many people as ways to heal from a former relationship. There may be different questions: How do you feel about this relationship? Have you decided to move on? Have you accepted the pain you are going through? You have to give time some time. Healing comes, at always does, but the time it takes only depends on the things you do until it happens. I hope it sounds relevant to you. We can speak about it afterwards if you need. You have many Listeners here at 7 cups who can help you and guide you through everything. Meditate, take a step back and a deep breath. Everything is going to be okay in the end :)