It's been 8 years and I can't get over my ex, what's wrong with me ?

Ann Brooks, MSW, LICSW

Thank you for your interest! I am a LICSW licensed in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. I’m here to listen and I look forward to working with you.

Anonymous
Your ex is your ex for a reason. Whatever that reason may be know that you have given your 110% and that you do not have to live with the what ifs. Forgive yourself and move forward. Know that greater things are waiting for you to allow you to let them in.
Moonartisan
There is nothing wrong with you. In our life time we are destined to meet people that have a profound impact on us in every way. We allow them to take so much of us and we revolve around them, they become our world. When they leave we are forced from their orbit and we become lost, missing their gravity. Nonetheless, we must remember that they aren't our world, we are our own world and we allowed them to share and partake of us. We must love our self and learn to let go enough to heal. It's okay to float amid the stars without their gravity, just be you and accept. The acceptance maybe the most painful but it is the beginning and not the end.
Anonymous
The answer is: there's nothing wrong with you. Everyone progresses differently, everyone is unique in their coping and everyone is special in how they can move on from certain things. Just because you may be slower than others does not mean you have "something wrong" with you. In fact, there are most likely going to be a lot of other people who also are in the same boat as you. Now, how to move on from an ex is different for everyone. The only thing you can do is try your best to take care of yourself, stay in a positive mental space, and find the love that you absolutely deserve and are worthy of.