Me and this guy had been dating for a year when I broke up with him we both loved each other and he thought we were doing well but I suddenly broke up with to what should I tell him?

Brittany Kelley, MSW, LCSW

I am a psychodynamically trained clinical social worker. I find assisting women and families through difficult times an extremely rewarding and collaborative process.

Trends
You both need to find closure and resolve how you both still feel. Be honest with yourself and take his feelings into consideration
purplewidow345
You need to answer that question to yourself first. Why did you want to break up and could it be an underlying reason as to why you strayed away when things felt "too safe."
Anonymous
Its always good if you could start with the truth..This is so that he has closure and so will you.. It will definitely be difficult of cause it will hurt..But its for the best..
anotherfrenchtoastmafiaa
Tell him why you broke up with him. It's only fair he knows why you did what you did. A lot of times when something comes to you suddenly, you get confused and want answers because you thought things were going right and so he needs to know why you did it. Truthfully and kindly. Had the roles been reversed, you would have wanted the same thing from him so it's only fair you do the same for him. It will be hard but take it as a form of closure for both of you all and he'll understand if really loves you.