My ex lives next door to me, we are still friends, I'm still in love with him, and he doesn't want to try again.. But he messages me every day.. How do I move on from this? It's been on/off for years

Brenda King, PsyD

I treat life changes, women’s issues, and issues of aging using evidence-based treatments with healthy doses of warmth, empathy and humor to enhance healing and growth.

Anonymous
I think the best way to move on is to tell him how you feel. Try to agree and discuss on making it last
LittleMissJoy
Firstly, I would suggest a proactive approach to moving on with your life is finding the strength to completely cut ties. I know you and your ex are neighbors so feeling like you can achieve having no contact with him may seem difficult or even impossible but, if he has made up his mind yet, still continues to contact you everyday then that's not fair on you. You may even think about the possibility talking to him and discussing how the constant messaging and contact everyday etc is not allowing you to get over him and move on. If he doesn't want to be with you and chooses to continue to talk to you, then you will have to be one the one to be strong and not give in to responding to him.