My girlfriend has asked for a break from me, she said she wants to regain my value in her life as she thinks she has taken me for granted, I love her, how do I sort out everything with her?

Evelyn Coker, Masters in Social Work-LCSW

You have many strengths to overcome any challenge you may face. I am passionate about assisting my clients realize and develop their strengths from the inside out!

Letsflipthatfrown
This sounds like something she will need some time to consider and think about, before she makes a decision. I think you'd be best to let her have some time alone, but make sure she knows that you'll be there for her when she's ready. It would be a good idea for you both to have an agreed amount of contact during the break - perhaps just checking on each other's emotions each night - to make sure you keep a bond that she can rely on, without feeling like she's taking you for granted again. You'll need to make sure that, whatever her decision about the future, you respect it and allow her to pursue her chosen path. Whatever the outcome, make sure you can both accept it and move forward. Best of luck!
Blissfulthinking23
November 1st, 2016 3:25am
It sounds like she thinks you deserve better and that she believes she has taken you for granted, you clearly are a loving person, talk to her and listen to her needs and then you'll know how to sort things out with her I hope this helps in some way or another I wish you the best
Give her a little space and time, then talk to her. She has to learn to forgive herself 1st before she can let anyone in her life..Talk her though how to do so will help a long way..
Power14
Sometimes break is important. It doesn't mean you two are breaking up but it's just a space which is needed to improve relationship. It will give her time to think what wrong she did. This space can act as healer. You can take things in positive way. You can respect her decision, she will respect you too in your decisions.