My partner is using me, should I break up with my partner?

Spain

Temi Coker, MSC, MA, Dip.Cons

With over ten years experience, I offer a safe and confidential environment  for you to collect your thoughts, worries & life problems with no judgement or assumptions.    

NicholasHalden
Is this a rhetorical question? In a relationship there must be trust and respect. By using our partner in any way is not acceptable. We want a true relationship, if we use people or manipulate them for our own benefits it seems more fake to me. Everyone wants to be happy in any kind of relationship, but knowing that u are being used you won't be happy. How can you, if you know that you can't trust your partner.
Myria
If your partner if using you and you are sure about it then yes you should break up no matter how hard it is, or if you dont want this to happen. Because ur partner should appreciate you and love you, not use you..
paul1982
Is there a yes or no answer to this question, or do you have to go with what your head (or your head) tells you to do because, ultimately, one will always overrule the other. I suppose a question you have to ask yourself is is it "using" or is it "abusing" there's a fine line between the two.
PurringCat
Definetely. You may love them, but you deserve someone better than that. Noone deserves someone who just uses them. You deserve love, care and respect. Get out of this relationship as fast as you can and let the right person offer you what you deserve.
lougam
It depends - how do you mean "using" you, and are you being objective. This is a rational decision. If you are unhappy and you are stressed or uncomfortable around your partner you should remember who you should love and care for most of all - yourself. I've been through trying to help someone who abused me emotionally and manipulated me for over a year, the best thing I ever did was make the break and then stop any communication. Best of luck.
Anonymous
It is not a healthy relationship anymore. I think it's best if you break up with your partner. It may seem hard, but that's the right thing to do.
SpiritWolfNYC
Well that is for you to decide. No one else should have a say in it but yourself, but i mean if you are being used by your partner what would be the best thing you can do for yourself? The answer lies within and the answer within is the answer you should go with. Don't doubt yourself either
Harriettemay
The situation is difficult. First you need to ensure that you have the facts, and if you do, making a decision based on the facts can come down to whether or not you feel as though those actions are acceptable.
nillie
Do what you think is right, don't rush to conclusions! :) Talk to them about it and how it is making you feel uncomfortable, then do what you think is best for u!
RYBH
If your partner is using you, you should break up with this person. You may hear the phrase this person is 'toxic' to you and that is true, you are someone who should be loved and cared for, not used.
mayank4u
using me is a big word and its difficult to understand the depth of the same. If you thinks that he/she is doing wrong to you then you should take some step for your future.
Anonymous
November 1st, 2014 7:20am
It's best to sit and talk honestly if that's not possible talk to someone who knows both of you or someone who you trust and sort out the issue. If he/she is using you, it's best to be direct and ask what's going on.
helpmeHelpyou61
Well if you are sure about it then you should! But I would suggest you to talk to him/her first and then only take the relevant action.
Anonymous
Yes! I've been through a relationship like that, and it does no good for either party. It's best to get out of it, which may be hard if you're in love, but remember that your the most important and you need to take care of yourself first.
LevisCorde
I think you should have an honest discussion with your partner about your feelings, and about your relationship, to decide if it is something that is either salvageable, or something that would be better left behind you.
laurapb
As I don't know you either your partner, I don't know your personalities but, I you are so sure your partner's doing that, then yes, I would advice you to break up with him. Before he does it and you get even more hurt. He's not acting correctly do, you re the one that needs to clear things, make yourself be respected and stand out for yourself. You are strong, and you can handle this, don't let anyone laugh at you or use you. You are much better than him, so demonstrate it.
JulieAliH
If the relationship no longer brings you happiness or betters your sense of self, it is often best to choose another path. Relationships should be about finding yourself in another person and focusing on one another's happiness as the most important thing in your life. People are not objects and, therefore, should not be used. First and foremost, you deserve happiness and respect.
VDellW12
Being used is never a good feeling. Ask yourself this "Can I do better?" and to answer that! YES you can do better! Let them down easily but firmly let them know you don't like to be used.
setmefreeletmebe
Yep yep yep. Defenitly. Because such kind of people don't deserve hearts of innoncent, vulnerable people.
callforhelp
Ofcourse u should breakup. Never be in any relation where the other person doesn't respect you. You should strongly appose such behaviour for your own self ,for your self esteem and your happiness. If you continue to be the same the person will just use you like a toy and throw you away when not needed
WhenYouSmile
Don't let anyone use you.. You're worth so much more than that. You know your situation better than I do, but if I was in your position, I'd have at least a very long sit down with said partner!
AIPandi101
If they are using you and you feel this is wrong, you can do as you choose. It is your life and you make choices for yourself.
Anonymous
June 22nd, 2015 11:34am
If you feel that your partner is using you, maybe you should talk to them about it first. I've often gotten myself in situations where I believed my partner was doing the same thing but turned out I was just being paranoid, but you'll never know for sure until you ask him/her. Instead of acting without reason.
Brittneym101
I think the answer is self - evident when it comes to this particular question. If you know for a fact that he/she is in fact using you, have a conversation with your partner and let them know how you feel. Don't hold anything back when having this discussion. If you just feel like you're being used I would suggest that you still have the conversation. Your partner may not even realize that what they're doing makes it seem like they're using you. If they are in fact using you, you might want to look into breaking up with them. If you want to find out if they're using you stop doing and giving them what they want/need and see if they stick around. If they don't then you know you're being used if they do stick around then you probably aren't being used.
XDellaX
if your partner is using you, yes you should. Its not a healthy relationship, and you deserve a loving partner.
artnerd015
of course! you shouldn't be used and you deserved to be loved properly. go with the right person. or maybe you should talk it out with your partner if why their using you. talk it out.
AHopefulSunrise02
If your partner is not respecting you then you may want to think about leaving. Before you do though, talk to them. Express your feelings and concerns and see where that takes you.
laylac09
Yes you should. You should not use your partner. It's not right. You are both equals in the relationship.
Anonymous
Yes you deserve to be treated like your cared about, loyal and caring. Hes not actually dating you if hes just using you. Hes just not a real man
rainbowlastsforever4579
Life is full of ups and downs and we are humans. We all make mistakes in our life and later regret after it. If you know your partner is using you, you should of course go and confront with him/her to clarify and sort things out. If your partner leaves you but comes back to you then he or she was not using you but just needed a break. If she or he does not come back and just walks away without looking back, that's the time when you should do that too.Hold your head up high, act as if nothing happened. Of course you break up. And you know what? they are not worth you because you are beautiful today and you will look even better tomorrow but those people are stupid and will stay stupid forever.