My partner is using me, should I break up with my partner?

Temi Coker, MSC, MA, Dip.Cons

With over ten years experience, I offer a safe and confidential environment  for you to collect your thoughts, worries & life problems with no judgement or assumptions.    

Anonymous
Yes, if he is using you, you don't need someone like that in your life! You want someone who is going to love you and show you that he cares about you rather than using you for something.
Smilekid0808
I want to start by saying this: Every single person deserves to be treated with love, respect, and dignity. Using someone is NOT treating them with love, respect, or dignity, and therefor it is not ok. However, your feelings, while 100% valid, may not be completely clear or understood by your partner. It is possible that they do not realize how their behavior is affecting you. If you feel used, I would recommend being upfront with your partner about how you feel. Tell them specifically what it is that they do that makes you feel used. Be open and honest about how their actions make you feel, and why that is a problem. If they are willing to make a change, and you feel that the relationship is worth a second chance, give them that second chance. But if they are not willing to recognize the flaws in their behavior and make the necessary changes, then the best thing to do is walk away. You deserve better.
serenekindness66
Yes and no. If it's something that you can fix: bring it up and address the problem with your partner. It it's not, break up and find someone who will treat you better.
Anonymous
Yes. It is never okay to be used. No matter how many good times you guys have if he dosnt really care or you then it is pointless pain
Laks1
First of all, you need to let your partner know how you feel. You need to tell him/her that you think he/she is using you. Sometimes people don't realize what they are actually doing until they are told. So you can take your decision due to his/her reaction after tell him/her how you feel.
Anonymous
speak to him about the problem? and if that solves nothing.. do as you wish.. but always give yourself better ok ?
cosyheart21
At the end of the day, you have to do what is best for you. And if you're being used, that is not what is best for you. You deserve nothing less than love and respect from a partner, so do not settle for anything less :)
Bosque
If someone uses you and doesn't care about your feelings, does it worth it to have a partner like this?
benevolentBlanket61
If the love isn't mutual, yes I'd break up with my partner. It would be difficult to make things work if the relationship is one sided.
LJSharp
You should break up with your partner if you feel that is the right thing to do. Always remember, there is someone out there for everyone. It just may take a long time to find them, so don't rush into anything.
hopefulWhisper21
Open discussion with your partner is very important. They may not even realize that they are taking advantage of you. A lot of times, once they have you, they don't continue to work on keeping you. It is important to talk about how your feeling and working together to improve
blissart
a healthy relationship is based on mutual care, love, respect and trust. For any long term relationship to blossom and withstand challenges that come in the way , these are must . If a partner is using you, it indicates more towards the relationship based on need and selfish motives than care and respect. In a healthy relation, the beauty is that the two partners come together it increases their strengths and compensates for their weaknesses. In this way, both flourish and develop in each others company . But if you already feel the other partner is using you, it is time to think it over