Should I breakup with a person who is affecting my health mentally and my career too? The last time we broke up he was all cursing me to not let someone get attached to me and leave them like him.

Portugal

Jennifer Patterson, LMFT, ATR-BC

Art Therapist

Life can be messy. Sometimes you need a little support to make your way through it. I love to help guide people through their challenges & to find the beauty in our messes.

optimisticDreamer3906
To put this simply, if someone is negatively affecting your mental health and making you feel bad, maybe you should consider distancing yourself from them. You do not need them in your life if they impact you negatively. I know it is a very hard decision to make, but no one has the right to make you feel bad. You have to look after yourself and others, and not treat either one as more important. Life is too short to put up with being disrespected; if you feel bad because of someone else, drop them. You deserve to be treated well.
positivethoughts22
If someone in your life is affecting your mental health and career negatively, you need to decide if keeping them in your life is worth the ramifications they bring to your life. Break-ups can be tough and the person being broken up with can act out like you're mentioning, but you don't have to allow their actions and expressions dictate what you want for yourself. It's okay let someone go if they aren't right for you, and not feel guilty about it. You are in control of your own life, and are not responsible for the way he feels about it.