Should I stay with my husband who cheated with a much younger friend?

3 Answers
Last Updated: 06/11/2019 at 1:55am
1 Tip to Feel Better
Moderated by

Raifiel Cyril, Masters in Applied Psychology


Everyone needs a little support from time to time to take the next step. I am here to listen and help you achieve what your heart desires.

Top Rated Answers
June 25th, 2018 3:17pm
Do you think it's something you can forgive. If not I would move on. If you can't forgive him and remain in the marriage you will hold it against him and most likely not notice any efforts that he makes to better and change himself.
July 9th, 2018 3:34pm
Do what you feel is right. If you feel you should stay with him stay with him. If you feel like you should move on then move on.
June 11th, 2019 1:55am
To answer that question, thoroughly consider what happened. Ask yourself if you have forgiven him for what happened? Take the time to consider how you truly feel. Was the friend someone you was also friends with? Consider how you will be financially if you all separate or divorce. Discuss what happened with your husband without being judgmental; truly listen to what he has to say. It also should be determined if he wants to leave you. Once that has been established, the two of you all should see a therapist to help get to the root cause of the infidelity. Relationships can be rebuilt after this type of incident. It really depends on whether it is a deal breaker for you. The fact you asked the question shows you are uncertain. The age of the person does not matter. Infidelity hurts regardless of the age. If there are children involved, the affect it will have on them should also be considered. What happened is painful but try not to make a hasty decision.