We broke up, but I feel like I want to get back together with them. What should I do?

Smita Joshi, BA Psychology / MA / Advanced EFT Practitioner

I am empathetic with my Clients going through emotional overwhelm and passionate in helping them. I am supportive, openminded & interactive in helping my clients.

Anonymous
Measure the pros and cons...Do you feel that it is worth it? Or is that person the one???? If you think that you guys will not last long and will just break up, then don't pursue it..move on
K4ye
I spent sometimes alone in the place i love. like the wood, forest, or just a simple landscape. It helped me to feel better, and I could sort out my feelings. When I figure it out, I'd see him, and tell him about what I want. and apologize, of course.
DPate16
Determine if that would be what is best for you. Understand your situation fully before you make any sudden decisions. Decide if this is a healthy or unhealthy relationship.
Uniqueg
See if it's something your partner wants to, and if so great, and if not maybe you should focus on yourself and if it's meant to be things will work out!
AnonymousA
reevaluate the reason why you broke up in the first place, if this problem hasn't changed already then it probably isn't going to change now. It will take a lot of work on both ends.
smiley15
First, it's important to consider why you broke up in the first place, and than think about whether or not you would both be willing and able to work through and move past the problem. After this, if you are both open to giving your relationship a second chance, go for it. I'm all for second chances if done right. Good luck!!
sunuindia
just listen to your heart, we have to get adjusted, accept people and situations. sometimes people will not mean to hurt you, but it happens because of situation or some other stress. accept the person, forgive the persona and start loving the person..... continue to love the person how difficult the situation is.... after all you love the person that is important
00Elle00
Assess the situation first. Following your heart r doing something because you want it without thinking about it thoroughly often leads to being hurt and disappointed.
MrNordstrom
the mind and the heart are separate in their thinking. people who follow their heart only tend to take the biggest risks. with bigger risks does come greater reward, but also greater failure. those who only follow their mind take the path that is a lesser risk of getting hurt, but they could live a life without ever getting what they desire. one has to follow the mind and heart together, in unison they will guide you down the best path. that being said, i followed my heart which told me to give my ex girlfriend a call. and my mind told me to do it because what did i have to lose? we were already broken up. one year later we are still dating.
RhyMind
Try to note down the reasons to why you broke up and why do you want to get back together. Now think have those reasons of break up diminished or not? Do the reasons for getting back together outweigh your reasons for break up?
RYBH
The urge to get back together is excruciatingly high, I know. But chances are, there was a reason why you two were broken up. It is hard to get over someone, but I recommend doing some of your favorite hobbies or activities or hanging out with friends!
AlKalone
November 1st, 2014 5:37pm
I know how you feel, the same happened to me. Things will work out, you may separate and find someone fantastic, or you may get back together and realise you were for eachother the whole time. things will get better, just give it time.
Anonymous
I think this really depends on the reason you broke up. Relationships can be complicated. No one knows your feeling better than you. One thing you may want to try is giving it a little bit of time and talking through your reasons for leaving and wanting to get back together with someone on 7 cups, or a close trustworthy friend.
heyitssaf
Talk to them. You already lost them, so you have nothing to lose. If they feel the same way then you will be so happy you asked. If not, at least you don't have to go through your life wondering what if.
Anonymous
You should wait to see if the feeling will pass. It can be something impulsive, for instance, you are missing the memories you made with him, you are not missing him as a person. You should wait a few days and then see if you still feel the same and if you still want to get back together with him.
Anonymous
You should definitely express to your partner how you feel. It's always good to express your feelings because you don't want to have any regrets..
helpmeHelpyou61
Talk with him/her. If you both feel that it is the right thing to do then do it. It is the easiest way.
Anonymous
Work out if that's what you really want. Do you just want someone to be with, or do you want to be with that someone? If you really want to be back with them, start by talking to them again and letting them know. If they don't want to, then there's no point in hoping for more. Depending on why it stopped working, fix the bad things that have been done or that caused the break up. If you aren't 100% sure if you want them back, have some time without them and figure out if you really want them back. Then again, contact them, but don't be too straight forward. That could scare them off.
JaneCollege
When he broke up with me, all i wanted was him back. All my friends knew this was impossible, and they tried so hard to politely tell me that he wanted it to be over. "He is just confused" I told myself at first. And then a friend of mine said it: "It is the end of an era" It was exactly the opposite of what I wanted to hear, and not exactly what I needed to hear. I crumpled up into a ball and became a puddle of tears. I went through the stages of grief; denial, some major anger for a short time, bargaining, huge depression, and after a year i started to touch acceptance. I wanted to get back together for a long time, but the feeling was not two sided, so I had to accept that. I was stubborn and it was hard, so reaching that point was a struggle. I am sure it would have been fine if he was happy, but he broke up with me for a reason. I had to face that it was not my fault, and that I can find love again.
Anonymous
I'd say, talk to them and tell them that you want to try it one more time. Do what's in your hands to get that person back so if it doesn't happen, at least you won't feel guilty for not doing everything you could to save the relationship.
Pandette
Well, I think this completely depends on why you two broke up and if you honestly think you two can make it work. Have you had the opportunity to speak to your ex? Sometimes the best thing for anyone or any relationship is communication. Sit down with them and let them know what's on your mind. You never know, it may work out the way you want it to! :)
Anonymous
Talk to them and see if it is an option. If it is work on building a better relationship. If not then move on! Don't dwell!
beautifulLight15
Tell him how you feel about him, let him know you still have feelings for him and that you both need to work on communicating and working on the relationship. From personal experiences of my own, I know it will help. You are strong, make the relationship stronger!
hiddentreasure0714
And that my friend is where you start becoming a stalker. Not the creepy one though. Just know what he's upto and observe him. See if he's still into you. Look for some signs on the way he treats/looks at you, on his social media status, tweets, posts, etc. And when it's positive, go tell them. You might get back together just well. But if it's negative, Move On.
blueshadow07
Do u feel that particular person is worth it?? Do they make u feel loved?? If not then you should try movin on..go for the ones who care for u the way u do..comfort urself wid something that makes u feel good..keep yourself busy.im sure it wil help you
Anonymous
Does the other person also think as you ? If not then pointless to think about being together with your ex.
lantee711
I want to use this great opportunity to thank LORD MASUKA for helping me to get my boyfriend back after 3 months of breakup.My boyfriend breakup with me because he see another girl at his working place and told me he is no longer interested in me and live me pain and heart break.I seek for help on the internet and i saw so many good talk about this great spell caster LORD MASUKA of lordmasukaspelltemple@hotmail.com and i contacted him also and explain my problems to him and he cast a love spell for me which i use to get back my boyfriend within the period of 3 days and i am so grateful to him for the good work he did for me,that is why i also want to let everyone who is in need of help out there to also seek help from him so he can help.His email is lordmasukaspelltemple@hotmail.com or call +2347053105287 or view and contact him on his website: http://lordmasukalovespelltemple.webs.com you can contact for any kind of help and he will help you. And you can also reach him on facebook Harry Masuka or Skype Lord masuka
Anonymous
I think you should be honest with them. Tell them that recently you've been having thoughts about getting back together and see what they think.
serenekindness66
Determine if it will good for you to do so. If it is, reach out. If it is not, focus on what you need to do to be happy and what kind of person you want to be with and search out that person.
Silverlining1512
Look at the pros and cons of your relationship and reasons why you should be together against reasons why you shouldn't... remember to take into account the reason you broke up in the first place.