What did I do to make them leave me?

Graham Barrone, Adip ICHP, MCBT

If you've found that your quality of life has reduced because of anxiety, fear or some kind of mental hurdle that you just can't get over then lets chat.

ChosenMarshmallow
Not every relationship ends because of an action performed by one side. If you're pretty sure that there was no particular thing that you did it could well be that they simply changed in how they felt. It can sometimes be more painful thinking that you didn't do anything wrong and they just changed but unfortunately people do change throughout their life. "Sometimes without fault or reason, relationships deteriorate. It will happen when you’re six, it will happen when you’re sixty. That’s life.”
Anonymous
you didnt do anything, most likely its just them, not knowing how to handle something or something they are going through personally.
lovelyLynx18
You didn't do anything. It might not have been working for them. If they are dumb enough to leave you, then they don't deserve you.
1musicloverever
I don't think you did anything for them to leave. There's this part in a book called "milk and honey" by Rupi Kaur where she says: "when you are broken and he has left you do not question whether you were enough the problem was you were so enough he was not able to carry it." Please, don't convince yourself that he left because you caused something in the relationship or you weren't enough or you weren't what they were wanting. The simple truth is, things happen for a reason, sometimes reasons we really don't understand how and why they came, but let that teach you and help show you that you deserve so much love that it spills over again and again. You will be okay and there was nothing wrong with you and they left for some other reason, but in the end, you were maybe better off without them.
newbeginnings3
This is too general of a question to answer at the moment. If you would like, you can chat with me or send me aa message at any time. I'll do my best to help you. Good luck!
olderlesbian108
i refused to participate in helping her with behaviour that I feel is abusive. I stayed calm and just repeated that I would not call client abusive names as requested. I hate to block someone from getting help, but it was totally inappropriate.
uniquecreature41
Quite often, nothing. Hard as it is to hear, something in your relationship was lacking, specially for them and they took the difficult steps to finish it. In time, when you look back you may also recognise the elements of your relationship that weren't quite right for you either. And as cliched as it sounds, you ought to be with someone that wants to be with you and isn't looking for the first chance to jump ship. It's also likely that you were with someone who didn't know what they wanted and that in time, they regret making the decision to leave you. But then of course, two things will have happened; you will have moved on or met somebody much more suitable. In the meantime, don't beat yourself up. Happiness is waiting for you somewhere.
Sometimes its not what you have done, its just the choice that they have made. It might not be the right choice or a choice to your best interest but you will just have to respect the choice made and figure out where to go from there.
greatfulGrace21
If they left for no reason. And no need of trying to let you know what happened. They weren't real to you to begin with. Move on to better. And push yourself to better that's all you can do, to move on.
SpreeSpirit13
Nothing. You didn't do anything. 1) If they left they weren't meant to stay. 2) If they left because of a silly reason that just says they didn't intend to stay. 3) Sometimes its nobody's fault, things just don't work out. 4) if this question keeps on bothering you, just confront them (only if they are going to be honest and not just say things to make you feel sad or guilty). 5) Learn from the past, but DO NOT change yourself at anybody's expense.
beautifulWillow99
You shouldn't blame your self for another's decisions they make there choices based in were they are in life them selfs
Anonymous
You cant blame yourself. Sometimes people are not ready for a relationship and they just leave instead of dealing with it. When somebody leaves its not always something that you have done.. it could be so many things but dont place all the blame on yourself.
Anonymous
There is no doubt that breakups are tremendously hard on us. However, the majority of the pain stems back to how our brain functions. Loss of any kind triggers an emotional reaction of “I must have done something to lose what was so precious to me.” It is a completely natural response. However, you must learn to change your thinking. Rather than justifying why it ended, or what you could have done to prevent it from ending, focus on what you’ve learned from the experience. Every single thing we do in life is a learning experience, thus every single thing we do can teach us something. Hard times are inevitable. You can not prevent them. Therefore, you are far better off letting the bad memories stay where they belong: the past. Do not worry about why they left you, do not worry about whether or not it was your fault. You know yourself better than anyone, so as long as you have faith in your own mind and body, you have nothing to fear.