What is the best way to get revenge on an ex?

Christina De Lucia, LPC

I use a holistic approach that is supportive, nonjudgmental, and solution-focused. I offer insight into problem areas and provide guidance on how they can be improved.

IWillHelpYouFriend
You shouldn't seek for revenge because it will not help you as much as you think. Consider rather talking to someone about your problems and why you think that you want to do this.
glisteningLynx61
The best way is not to get revenge. Or at least not anything violent or unnecessary. The best revenge would be to show them that you are happy and really just not to think about them. Be the best you can potentially be without changing yourself and live life the way that makes you happy . Show them you can be without them but it's not always healthy to do stuff only to get back at one. Hipe this helped !
Dee95
To show him/her what they're missing! Show them how beautiful and how happy you are. :) That's all that you can really do.
brightBreeze44
Forgive them, and know that your worth isn't dependent on another person. The forgiveness part is surprisingly a lot of times more for your benefit than anyone else's. Rather than excusing what the person has done, you have decided not to spend energy on hating them, and refocus that energy towards healing.
ElleFriend
At the end of the day revenge isn't always the answer because two wrongs don't make a right if you feel like revenge is the only answer then maybe ask a friend but it's never good!!
Teacup13
Revenge that hurts the other person is never okay and it won't make you feel better. Just live your life and show that you are independant and mature, and they will probably respect you more for it.
LucidDreamer17
I personally believe the best way to get revenge on an ex, is showing them you don't care. When my fist ex boyfriend hurt me (4 years ago), I was upset for a few weeks, then as soon as I started posting my progress in life and I posted pictures where I was happy, he came crawling back, and I said no. And best part of it was/is, he's still trying to get me.
animeislove
show them that your over the relationship. go out with friends, try and improve yourself like getting into shape, show them how happy your are being better off without them. show some inner strength and resilience. it may not be revenge as such but its shows your willing to put the past away and create a better present you. it shows you can move on.
zaix
You shouldn't get revenge on your ex, you should move on with life and forget about them. Put the past in the past and be the bigger person.
Anonymous
Don't waste your energy getting revenge, the happier you are the more they will feel bad about themselves
Anonymous
To be healthy and happy. The best revenge when it comes to an ex is to take care of yourself and be happy in doing so. Make new friends, Go on new adventures, find new hobbies and learn new things.
OrchidSpring
Be happy with yourself and moving on. Cutting all contacts with the ex and do things that you enjoy.
Anonymous
To be yourself and do things that make you happy. Flirt with some new people, but don't jump into anything. Make some new friends and move forward with your life. Otherwise they're winning because you're still thinking of them and getting back at them, which is what's expected.
miraculousTouch71
Grow yourself to be a better person. When you're successful, you won't need to seek revenge. Is that right?
HonestLee
I think the best way to get revenge on an ex is to show them how happy and complete your life is without them in it. Be you, the best you and they will know what they missed.
serene63
Laugh at them move on and leave them to them selves just concentrate on you and enjoy your life and and worry about others
Anonymous
First ask yourself, is it really worth it? Revenge, sometimes isn't the best answer. And sometimes, the best revenge on your ex, is showing them how much happier you are without them.
Thearrow
Well! For a start, revenge isn't something you should do, even if we have an urge to do it sometimes, a feeling that consumes us, it is tempting, I won't deny, but it is not right. If you want to get revenge on an ex? Well, the best way, is to be happy with someone else, someone better than him/she, if your ex misses you, or still wants you, they'll be affected in a psychological way, with a bigger pain than any other revenge plan you could try to do. So yes, be happy with someone that really deserves you, and your ex will go crazy. Stay happy beautiful human!
geeb0t
March 23rd, 2016 3:04pm
Don't. They're an ex for a reason. You don't and shouldn't 'seek revenge'. Unless they did something illegal. In that instance, tell the police or an adult.
couragetogo
Revenge is something that keeps you occupied with hateful thoughts that don't harm him - rather than they harm you. Letting go - although hard - is the best revenge because not caring is actually the thing that hurts the most. Living on is the best thing for you.
AffectionForever
The best revenge on the ex would be to move on and live your life to the fullest no matter how much they will try to bring you down.
Anonymous
Never look for revenge, it is not worth it! Better was is to move on and show them you don't need them anymore. That your life is better without them.
WilhemStudley
Revenge isn't the best way, better to just let go, fighting fire with fire won't solve and won't help stop perpetuate the hate cycle, better embrace and accept all the bad things and move on, easier said than done tho
dancingPillow85
Don't look at it as a competition, be happy, spread positivity, move on with your life, stay awesome.
blissfullyaddicted
The best way, is to not get one. You can simply just be happy as who you are, nourish yourself, cherish yourself, spend time on yourself, and show them you’ve forgotten about them and better off without them. At the same time, you’ll feel good too, and improve as a person too :)
Liv88
April 2nd, 2016 11:12am
I think the best way to get revenge on an ex is to move on, have a happy and fulfilled life and do all the things that you thought a relationship was holding you back from doing. When my ex and I broke up I did think about ways to 'get back' at him, but the best solution is to get on with your life, become a healthy, happy person and enjoy being by yourself.
Anonymous
Dont revenge you wont gain anything the best revenge is moving on and focussing on yourself thats the best revenge take the breakup as a lesson and leave it in the past
SenpaiXD
Revenge is definitely not the way to go. Harboring revenge will only make yourself more guilty. Just think about it, what are you trying to prove from revenge? That you are better than her, to feel the same pain that you felt? You'll only make yourself worse off by getting revenge.
joyfulWords68
How about you DON"T get revenge on anyone. Revenge seems like a great way to get rid of that feeling of pain and loss but in reality it isn't healthy for you or anyone around you. Revenge won't get rid of that hate and anger you have inside.
Anonymous
Be happy with yourself, and take care of yourself! Don't engage in any activities that you feel will hurt them but might also hurt yourself, like unsafe sex, doing things you don't feel ready for, etc.