Why are breakups easier for guys than women?

Cynthia Stocker, LCSW,

My approach is direct, kind, honest & collaborative. My clients appreciate that I help them in a way that cuts through the jargon and gives clear explanations.

LauraM132
I think it's because guys have it easier in society to move on pretty quickly, while it's frowned upon for girls to immediately dive into a different relationship.
Anonymous
They aren't. Men are as much hurt from a break up as women. It's just that they hide it because its not 'manly' to be sad or show emotion towards a break up.
TruthAndReality
June 2nd, 2017 12:50am
Actually I read about some articles which actually claim that it is the other way around. While women might seem to have harder time, in the first few weeks, she might cry and feel sad. She will heal much faster, she will talk to her friends, get emotional support, go shopping and get over the sadness after a few weeks or months at most. On the other hand, men would probably feel sad for many months, or even many years, and they actually might never ever heal the emotional wounds of a breakup, even after starting a new relationship, but just keep living with them while pretending that nothing happens. They also have harder time getting emotional support, because showing sadness over the breakup, crying and other stuff is like showing weakness, which is not viewed as "manly" and therefore it is enmasculating to show sadness, if guys go to their friends crying for their breakup their friends would just be like: "get over it, stop being a pussy", "men don't cry", etc... But showing sadness and vulnerability is seem as femenine and normal for women and if they go to their friends they will by sure get emotional support on most cases https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCSjuylaYUk
Anj0806
January 23rd, 2018 9:11am
It really depends on the person and how involved they were in the relationship. It can be harder for girls if they were more into the relationship and the same goes for guys. It jut depends on how much they've invested themselves into it.
Anonymous
They're not, men just handle things better but they are also hurting. It's just how society has made men and women.
SpreeSpirit13
I don't think they are easier on boys as such. The effects depend on how much that person (boy/girl) invested in the relationship, their love, they way of handling pain etc. Everybody deals with pain differently. I grovel in my pain for a while but after that I get over it quickly. You have to chose what works best for you and don't think about how the other person is handling. The grass is always greener on the other side.
Anonymous
Because women are much more emotionally attached. Women experience a deeper level of connection. Whereas men put these emotions aside and they drink and party and do things to ignore their feelings. But it catches up with them eventually. It’s not easier. I think it just happens in different stages