Why can't I seem to move on?

Why can't I seem to move on?

Elena Morales, LMHC

I believe silence creates a cycle. With empathic and collaborative therapy, we break the cycle. I help clients feel validated and supported passed anger, shame, and anxiety.

krishna9762
Moving on is not based on how we think about ourselves or how we try to change ourselves to the surroundings. Moving on is when we decide that what we have been doing so far is not the best for us and we are able to see a better future.
Thegirlwhowrites101
When we go through something, sometimes its hard to move on. It takes time to heal and move on from something.
Anonymous
A few reason: you could still be attached to the idea of the person, the memories you shared with them, maybe being afraid that you may not have that again with someone else. But, it ended for a reason - remember that. Once you stop surrounding yourself with the thought of them or things that remind you of them, then you can fully move on. Don't dwell on what was, think of what could be ( a better, happier, you)
Vikas
Hi dear friend ! My personal experience on this is that its not easy to do so in general, as your existence somehow gets defined / limited by something; i.e, its some sort of comfort zone or, habit or something like that. You just don't want to take risk to explore the other possibilities.... maybe you're lacking confidence or, faith or, just --- you think moving on may lead to further complications, i.e you fear... But believe me ... at times its the best thing to do which can enable you to grow further in life, rather than sticking to something you're not destined for .... Good Luck !!!
FakzWift
There is never a definite answer as to why someone cannot move on. It is different for every person and every relationship.
Octoberskye1996
Sometimes it is hard to move on after a breakup. I think if you give yourself some time that you will eventually start to feel better.
HeartshapedboxX
Moving on is very hard.Love is a strong emotion and it is hard to hard to get over a person,especially when you loved them.
endlesstory
February 22nd, 2019 6:23am
People get attached to things that make them happy, and everyone moves on at their own speed. From personal experience, I know moving on can be difficult, but telling yourself you can helps. Sometimes moving on is harder at first, but once you start moving along, the process can become easier. Just because you have a hard time moving on, doesn't mean you never will. Remind yourself that you can do it, and I know you can too. Everything takes time, but if you are determined, you will be able to move on. Stay strong, and keep going! Goodluck!
LeenMoon
Moving on is challenging. Personal growth is challenging. Moving on requires healing, forgiveness and confidence. When my heart is broken after a situation that I cannot move on, and think of 'moving on', I have to evaluate myself and understand why does this situation affects me that much to the point that I cannot stop thinking about it, makes me anxious, or it causes me fear. Sometimes it is because we compare ourselves to others... sometimes it is that shock and sense of unbelief that makes us unable to accept what has happened. When we don't dedicate time to analyze, understand, and accept, we cannot heal. When we don't heal, we don't forgive, and when we are not forgiving, we cannot trust or/and have confidence. It is a process, which begins within the heart, and a true desire to be free from negative feelings.
Anonymous
yes its not natural that's rightyes its not natural that's rightvyes its not natural that's rightyes its not natural that's right yes its not natural that's right yes its not natural that's right yes its not natural that's right yes its not natural that's right yes its not natural that's right yes its not natural that's right yes its not natural that's right yes its not natural that's right yes its not natural that's right yes its not natural that's right yes its not natural that's right yes its not natural that's right yes its not natural that's right yes its not natural that's right
Anonymous
I think I have moved on after all those hurdles of life. If I tend to push myself then it will happen eventually. Nothing can be as important that someone will self harming ones own motivation. So we always have to look beyond our limits to find those colors that will make us feel lot more better about ourselves. If we do not help ourselves and understand ourselves, who else can. We just need to give ourselves thag time and patience that we have always invested for others. Sometimes that helps us to grow from within. It also reflects how we have Hopes to love ourselves like we want to be loved
Anonymous
Because you kept thinking about him/her. You'll get through it someday before you even realize about it
Anonymous
Sometimes it's hard for us to move on from things because a part of us hasn't finished with whatever it is you want to move on from it's like a reading a chapter in a book you need to finish that chapter deal with emotions in there first
TiffanyLauren
I can't seem to move on because no one can't replace him.. on what he did to my life. he literally colored up my greyscale surroundings by his love for me, endless courage and bravery in dealing with our own lives alongside our relationship. I still hope he'll come back. I just cant seem to man up and color up my life on my own.
Anonymous
Moving on is hard, in order to do it you need to have got over whatever is stopping you. To do that you have to embrace the changes in you life
BigLuMonday
It's easy to get bogged down when you don't see any tangible progress. The mind wanders, sticks to old pains and failures for an odd sense of security. And moving on is scary, it's change and we're conditioned against change. Positive change requires long-term commitment and it's all right to fall off the path. But we can always get back on it, we just have to be patient.
princess00
This happens to people a lot, you truly loved this person and they ended up hurting you pretty bad in the long run, and you just can't move on, all you really can do is wait patiently because nothing can mend a broken heart better than time. But if you want to, you can try talking to other people and see if any of them help you move on..
stormiethomas
Being stuck or hung up on a situation is perfectly normal. It is okay to be afraid of change or otherwise. Letting go is a difficult task so be patient with yourself.
discreetCat9959
The Anxiety of the next step(s). be strong. life is short. I say this sitting in the same boat. Perhaps we are too afraid of the pain others may feel.
Anonymous
Because you've caged yourself in a place that you don't belong to, so you're feeling that your goals are useless related to the cage you're in. Get out of the cage at first, then think what are your goals and set a plan to reach them.
Anonymous
Sometimes we feel that we can never move forward after things happen I think one step at a time is important as in time join all of the steps together and you will have a future
Demons3
Moving on can be hard but from my personal experiences it is because your either constantly reminding yourself of what your trying to move on from or you are around things/people who constantly are reminding you of it/a person.
Ivoishereforyou
Because there is still some memories of your ex left. Try to fill your day with more activities that keep you in a positive mood. Go on a new relationship sounds like the fastest way to make new memory. But that's all on you.
insightfulSpace66
You can’t seem to move on because you’re not only afraid to let go of the past and you’re afraid of the future. You can’t imagine life without that special someone until it was over and you can’t seem to move on.
Anonymous
I can't seem to move on because in my mind I feel there is still hope not the person that I really want in my life will see the good in my heart and in my soul. Many times I feel that periods and I can indeed bring a relationship back together when a relationship is really no longer accepted by the other person. The one important thing that I have to learn from all of this is learning to comprehend understand and accept denial that keeps me from moving on.
HarleyQuiinn666
Well, something is clearly still "holding you back", maybe you feel like you have unfinished business with the situation you find yourself into; My friendly advice would be to try to relax, take a deep breath and keep your mind out of things that might take you back to an unpleasant sensation; and above all, keep in mind that you come first
Vivian4
Because there is still something to gain from not moving forward. Something what didn't came up yet so it is pulling you back. re-visit the situation. : )
Anonymous
you need to understand why you need to move on. so you should start doing things that makes you feel better about yourself. be grateful for the lesson you learn, don't do anything that will make you go back to feeling sorry for yourself. believe in yourself that you CAN be happy without that person in your life. try to engage in healthy social interactions and make new friends, learn something new.
Anonymous
Sometimes, we all have stumbling blocks in life, things that we just can't get over. This may come from the fact such a thing really mattered to us, but if it becomes too troublesome, you may consider checking out a therapist.
kindSun777
It's never easy to move on. The stronger your affection is towards the person, the more difficult it will be to keep their thoughts aside. In such cases, you could try to actively divert yourself away by doing different kind of tasks which can help you stay busy and keep you distracted from the person. Try to avoid being at places or listening to music which remind you of them.