Why do I always struggle with blaming myself?

Australia

Catherine Davis, I aim to help you to beat your blues and to feel empowered. Fast and effective psychotherapy.

Therapist

Hello. I'm Catherine. I am a psychotherapist. It's my aim to help you beat your blues and to feel empowered.

therapinto
That's probably because you think that you are bad. But that's not true. You are a good person. More than half of the times, its not our mistake (and this is a fact). But we end up blaming ourselves even though we know that blaming doesn't help. To overcome a bad situation one needs to make efforts to rectify the mistake done by you or someone else. Blaming doesn't solve problems; efforts do.
Anonymous
Because sometimes we are sensitive and we want to help everyone . Sometimes it's easier to blame ourself for something that we are not responsible. But we need to take some distance and the strength to leave the problems our the struggles to other. But we can always listen.
Anonymous
As humans we are naturally self-centered beings. We have a tendency to pay extreme attention to ourselves and how we react with our environment. Because of this we feel as though we have an influence on all that is around us. We believe that we are the cause to all that happens because we do not know how to accept that some things just happen, whether or not there is someone or something to blames. Once we get into this pattern of blaming ourselves for events that happen, it gets harder to accept the fact that we are not to blame.
Anonymous
This is a problem that a lot of people deal with, and for a variety of reasons. Sometimes, it's a self-confidence issue; we don't think we're ever good enough, so why -wouldn't- it be our fault? Other times, it's due to outside, situational factors, like chronic stress or disease, or even guilt for past wrong-doings. Ask yourself this question-- you can answer it much better than anyone else ever could.
Anonymous
It could be from self esteem or that you hurt easily on some things more then others. I tend to do it to. Be extra confident if you can.
Anonymous
Because I know that I could have done better and I deserve better! When I avoid a chance, I take it as a sign of not being able to improve myself.
Adam2342
Because we always wan't to be someone else. Be yourself , Everyone else is taken. and Original is worth more that a copy , Stop hating yourself for everything you aren't and start loving yourself for everything you are.. Positive thoughts always ! :)
Instead of blaming yourself, use your energy for something positive instead. Maybe like how to solve the issues that is faced or what you can learn from your mistakes instead.
Anonymous
Perhaps blaming yourself is a sign of low self-esteem and maybe a lack of self-confidence. You need to understand that everyone makes mistakes, and it's okay! :) You should really work on your personalized growth path, and soon, you'll be on the path of happiness! :)