Why do I always think about him or her?

Lianne Kirby, MA in Counselling Psychology

I believe everyone should have the opportunity for their voice to be heard. I use a trauma informed, person centred approach in counselling.

Anonymous
If we are always thinking about something it means we care about it. It takes effort to think and to pay attention to something you are intrigued by something. The question is what are you intrigued by?
Anonymous
It is a positive or negative toughts ? If it is positive, maybe it's beacause you love him! If not, don't give him too much attention ;) !
RogerDan555
It's infatuation, or your feelings for that person. It's completely natural. We all fall for someone or the other. What matters is, don't let these thoughts affect your day to day life.
BlackBug
June 22nd, 2016 11:19am
We all have that one person in our lives whom it feels impossible to forget or leave. No matter how much that person has hurt us or played with our feelings or left us. Everyday, those evenings,those talks, those replies, those talks, their zodiac signs, their likings and dislikings... eveything remind us of them. Its hard to forget. Its hard to forgive. And it is harder to move ahead in life. But pausing our lives because of him/her, is not what we're born for. It hurts more to the people who love us to see us this way. It kills them to see us emotionally broken. You are loved by this universe. If this universe has taken something from you, its only because it is making space for something much better. Believe me, Day has always followed night. Do remember.. You have to be happy because you're graced with your life which million of people are dying to have. You can't waste it for anyone, be it anyone.
LionQuietek
Well, in my personal experience, you always think about a person because something about them may catch your eye. Its not always that you're in love with them, but perhaps because you think of them as a really good friend. It's always great to ask yourself what you think of a person, as thinking of them all the time is not always a direct indicator of love. :)
heyitsyusuf
The most influential people in our lives occupy a great deal of our thinking space. We are human beings and we love.
Anonymous
Because they make you happy! People who make you happy are great for your life! It's a good thing!!!
Anonymous
Because you do care about him/her. It means that he/she's on your mind all the time. It looks like you have a crush on him/her.
Anonymous
You have memories with them , Theyve influenced ur life & somehow it matters. Mostly u allow urself.
simplisticmoon
Maybe you miss them, or maybe your heart is aching because you love them. Love is a hard thing to ignore.
Anonymous
because that person is an example of where you lost your happiness, and where you're not going to find it again. Nothing that took away your happiness is ever going to give it back without consequences
Anonymous
Honestly, I thought about him a lot because I liked him a lot. You can't but help to think about that person if they consume your thoughts most of the time.
softKoala37
They make everything okay and its a safe and healthy alternative to somethinf harmful that would make me happier.
Anonymous
Thoughts become feelings and feelings become actions. Do something that will challenge yourself. With positive actions come positive feelings and with positive feelings come positive thoughts! Get yourself out there and eventually, that person will be just a happy memory.
Anonymous
Because you were so used to having this person in your life. It's hard to let that go. But you can.
beautifulSnow81
I always think about him because he made me a better person,,,, by not loving me d same way as i loved him as this made me value all those people in my life who loved me so much more and i was not able to appreciate that before.
peacefulDancer4
you make think about him/her a lot if you like that person. This person is someone you may want to be with and they are always on your mind because you find them attractive.
lushyxd
You always think about him/her because you had a good bond with them. Something about them you miss.
livefree24
if him/her had a big part in your life, or in your feelings its normal to always think abut someone who has impacted your life, they start to rub off on you and when they are gone sometimes it leaves a hole that is just filled with thoughts about them
Believer77
This person has emotionally effected u if it is consuming you get busy doing things - keep mind busy
TiffanyLauren
August 3rd, 2016 6:48am
I always think about him because I loved him. I'm still worried about him with a countless petty things. I guess, you will never stop thinking about someone who has been or had been a significant in your life.
Anonymous
August 3rd, 2016 10:13am
if it is an ex maybe it is grief. if it is someone with no person past maybe you might be attracted to them in a type of way.
Anonymous
August 3rd, 2016 10:55am
May be you like her so much, and that's a good thing. People love, remember that. It's pretty normal
michaelp1976
There are good times and bad times that you may never be able to really forget. People are special and sometimes it is difficult to let some of those special things go.
dani42902
Because that person was most likely a major key in your life. Although no longer in that role, they will always be remembered.
AskBeth
This is difficult and not sure whether my reply will be an answer as such but more of an insight. You're thinking about them all the time and you just need to think about why? and the situation surrounding it. Do you have a crush on them? Are they single? Do they already like someone? Have they recently gotten out of a bad relationship? these are things that need to be considered before action. If you know them, form a friendship first, it's the best way in my opinion rather than jumping in.
blakqori1
Because you can't control your thoughts. Eventually you will move on,and you won't thing about them.
slightlyodd99
Something about him/her always brings you back to a time where you feel like you were more whole of a person, or had someone you can channel your attention towards, but understand that that person, even though they are gone, you are still there and still alive, and still have a plathura of things to find out about yourself and the world
Anonymous
Without more context the only reasonable conclusion that can be deduced from your question is the following. They are, for some reason, interesting enough for you to repeatedly think about them. Possibly as an idol, crush, celebrity, rival, mentor, etc.
dreamfriend33
because he's in your heart,you do feel him close to your heartyour brain and mind don't let you forget him,you love him