Why do I feel sick when I dont talk to my ex boyfriend?

Parvathy Venugopal, MSc in Clinical psychology

Life is chaotic and you need to rest if you're tired. I am here to help you relax until you are ready to start over again.Your mental health is priority, so is your happiness.

RubyDragonTea
The short answer: Oxytocin! A slightly longer answer: Love is not just an emotion - it's a whole set of reactions in your body and brain, most of them not really understood. The ones that are easy to test with science are biochemical and physiological - hormone levels, breathing, heartrate, and the like. When we fall in love, it's not only our brains and hearts that enjoy being with someone. Out whole body reacts to them. Our muscles relax, our heart rate steadies, and our stomach settles down. When we miss someone we love, the opposite happens: we get stressed, things seem more painful, and our immune system doesn't function as well. So what you experiencing is exactly breaking up: your body is used to this person, and any contact makes you feel good. Not having contact, even by talking, is coming down from a high. The good news is that it will get better if you can stay away - your body will adjust and stop being sick. It takes time, but it's worth it. Be strong
lindaeu
Minds are a really powerful weapon, if you don't want to talk will find a lot of reasons not to do it. Even if could be get sick
UncerTom12
You're missing the feeling of life as it was. You're mind is readjusting and literally changing shape to accommodate the new reality. This gives a great opportunity to a fresh start, but it will hurt when you look into your life as it was. This is natural, normal, and will only get easier with time:)