Why do I feel so alone in my relationship?

Hannah Caradonna, MSW, RCSW (RCC #11330)

Social Worker

I offer a warm and non-judgmental space for you to work through your problems. I can help you with anxiety, disordered eating, depression, relationship problems and more.

Anonymous
August 3rd, 2016 11:22am
maybe the person you are with is not paying enough attention to you. try confronting you partner about this problem
BreatheEasy247
if you are feeling this way in a relationship maybe it just is not for you or maybe your partner is not supportive or there for you enough. In a relationship you should be able to trust and communicate with your significant other and have them to turn to in times of need.
Anonymous
Loneliness is the feeling we get in our heart and soul when we want to be connected with someone, and someone is not available to connect with. due to being angry, withdrawn, tired or ill.
Anonymous
Maybe your partner is emotionally unavailable, therefore isnĀ“t giving you the affection and attention that you need.
gentleWinter21
There could be many reasons for why you are feeling lonely in your relationship. Maybe you're feeling that you and you partner are drifting apart.
Anonymous
Perhaps you are missing out on quality time with yourself and have given a lot or most of your emotional energy towards your relationship.
RaadhShenshah
Because relationship is all about sharing, remember the last time you both had a laugh together? Or a candle light dinner? Or late night chats? Learn to bring energy into relationship, find common grounds to talk about, And learn to be more positive :)
CallOnBlessing
You shouldn't feel that way. A relationship consist of two people who are there for each other. Your problems are theirs. You feeling alone could be lack of communication. Always express how you feel.
Anonymous
Because humans basically won't ever feel enough. They always wants more and more. And maybe you gotta talk to your partner then :)
DannyBoy654
If you are feeling alone, you should talk to your partner. Many people feel alone because they aren't getting the attention they deserve. If this is the case, it may be a sign that the relationship is failing.
Anonymous
I'm sorry but I can't help you to figured that out. You might be know what were wrong in your relationship. I can help you to figured that out
blackstar
If you feel it's a one way street, you need to talk to your partner and explain why you feel the way you feel. If they don't understand at all, maybe you need time and space apart or to rethink the relationship.
Anonymous
Because your partner may not be emotionally available to you or your needs you have the right to get answers to why this happens
Anonymous
communication is the key to a successful relationship if you manage that you won't feel lonely anymore.
Anonymous
Relationships can be lonely. Usually something is bothering you or the other person and this could cause feelings of loneliness.
Anonymous
Talking with your significant other will make you feel ALOT better, and I don't mean how was your day type thing. I mean just sit them down and just lay out the difficult questions
Anonymous
I feel alone because I could have built a wall around me to protect myself. I could be with someone who has done the same.
PuppyLove13
Because you aren't given the time and importance you deserve.. You don't feel loved or cared for.. You are probably taken for granted..
Anonymous
Communication is a vital part of any relationship and sometimes when there is mis-communication it can lead to feeling alone and being down. Speak to your partner about it, it's always a great place to start.
Mikzwax
When in a relation you never could be alone its may be because you are pushing the other person far away due to your insecurities
2cupsofteaa
If you feel that way it's probably because there is a lack of communication or time spent between you and your partner.
Honeypuffs99
You might feel alone in your relationship because your significant other does not satisfy your basic needs. He/she might not show you the love and care you need to feel good in your relationship
Vale46
Keep in mind that a relationship involves 2, if you feel lonely, maybe the relationship is not working as good as it was before. Think about the relationship overall.
serban412
The level of communication that you have with your partner could be very absent. But without further detail, it cannot be said for sure. You have to explore getting more closer to your partner,
Anonymous
Because you are giving more than taking and the other person is not trying hard as you in the realtionship. You might be distant from each other as well and don't know how to communicate like you used to
KindBean2002
Maybe you haven't gotten the deserved affection, or maybe you aren't feeling the right things in the relationship. Talk to your partner about it.
CandyMandie1391
Maybe he/she does give enough attention in the relationship, or you see each other not that much....
Melil94
It is common to feel alone in a relationship when you feel the other person does not understand you fully. Be open about the way you feel and see if this helps form a stronger bond between you.
Anonymous
Maybe, you both don't spend much time together or you're not connected closely. Try to get to know each other more.
NeptunePH
This could be due to a lot of reasons. Maybe your partner doesn't really talk to you, maybe the conversations feel empty and thoughtless, maybe it's just in your head. Try thinking if the issue is really there, if you are 100% sure there is an issue, try talking to your partner. I'm sure he/she will understand and be happy to talk about it.