Why do I freak out in relationships so easily?

Sandra Butler, AOD, DV counselor

Drug & Alcohol Counselor

Experienced in understanding how emotions and feelings affect our lifes in every aspect of interacting, not just with others, but how we process those emotions. I can help you

MarkishaNanceLCSW
This might seem a little simple but can you define what freak out means. how you freak out gives insight into why you freak out. Knowing specifics of behaviors helps us to determine why the behavior is happening.
Flawlessinsanity21
Maybe you aren't used to them. Maybe it is something different from what you are used to and maybe even something you aren't quite ready for so you get nervous, you get anxious, and freak out.
Anonymous
Maybe you are just scared of getting attached. And when you bond with someone, it means a lot to you.
Anonymous
Find out the root of your problem - it may be due to trust issues, past betrayal, self-esteem, anxiety, paranoid thinking etc. Talk to your partner - communication is key, and seek help. It's important that you develop a trust or else your relationships will become unstable.
HopieRemi
You could be scared of something going wrong in your relationship so you freak out over something that happens in your relationship. I wouldn't really know for sure why you freak out, but I do know most people freak out of fear. So you're scared of something.
Anonymous
Perhaps it can scale down to potentially two things - you could have either suffered or felt uneasy in a previous relationship, which you now take forward into any new relationship you've had.. Or you could just be afraid of commitment. Ultimately, you need to be happy within yourself and feel comfortable with the other person. If you're not? Then you need to ask yourself why.
Anonymous
Relationships are stressful. You have a person you care deeply about, and you want to make him/her happy. This sometimes takes focus away from your life and happiness, causing stress and confusion.
YukiSYan246
Because you're afraid of getting hurt or you're afraid you'll unconsciously hurt them too. You need to be comfortable enough to be with someone.
Anonymous
Scared of how you look. How you're acting. If you're making the other person look bad. That they'll dump you. All of these are reasons for freaking out and worrying.
ColoredPerspective
It could be that you are possibly scared of commitment or even that there may be trust issues in the relationship. It also could be that you're trying to find faults in the relationship or even are trying to compare it to an old one. Each relationship should start off as a clean slate.
Anonymous
Maybe because you have history with your last relationship. Or because you want to be in the perfect relationship and being a perfect partner to your partner
Anonymous
You probably freak out in relationships because of the work it takes to keep it going strong and steady
Anonymous
Sometimes we fell scared of the compromise, we fell so good with our freedom that probably we had the idea that being with someone else can condition us, and lock ourselves.
Pandette
I think you have to look inside yourself to answer this question. For instance, relationships bother me because I have been hurt by too many people and I don't want to hurt anymore. I try not to let anyone in and when I do I start to worry, my anxiety levels are through the roof - generally not a good time at all. Perhaps taking the time to discover if this is based off an event that took place in the past could help immensely. You never know what you may discover. Also, we are always here to help!
simplisticmoon
You may have had a bad experience before, or maybe you are new to things. It's okay to be unsure of how to do things or how to have a successful relationship. In a good relationship, these are the things you discuss with your partner.
helpfulMoment81
If you have had bad relationships previously, you might be nervous about repetitions of that. Usually it is a learned behavior, from either your own relationships or from relationships you've seen. For example, if you watched your parent(s) go through bad relationships you may be worried that the same thing may happen to you as well.
Anonymous
You may have trust/intimacy issues. Reflect on your past relationships with people of the same gender (romantic and non-romantic). Also, recognize that when you really like someone, it's natural to be fidgety!
Kindstranger123
There are many reasons to freak out in a relationship, thing are new to you and it can we scary. You way not be ready for some things your simply you don't know how to handle your emotions, you can seek a counsler and talk about your feelings.
ItsAlyssa
Maybe you are over reacting amd you have to try to control yourself and listen to tou partner in the relationship and have confidence in yourself
Anonymous
There is a lot that goes into a relationship and it is scary to trust and open up to someone in that way even if you don't realize it consciously.
crispVoice35
August 3rd, 2016 11:26am
this might me a sign of anxiety, this is normal. if you are currently in a relationship make you know they are special
Anonymous
It is, let us say, the cute anticipation and fear of not appearing to be able to compromise properly. But if there is proper and nice chemistry between two, then there will also be a way through it.
Anonymous
Relationships are a bond between to people - it's not something you go in and out every day, but it's something you have to dedicated your time and effort. But don't panic! This is not a bad thing - being able to share your time, effort, energy and happiness with someone is the greatest thing.
Anonymous
Sometimes that can happen when you really care about the person and what he or she feels about you. Having feelings for someone can cause you to act in ways that you normally wouldn't.
Anonymous
it can often come from previous relationships that have hurt you, that can freak you out in possible fear of it happening again
wonderfullRainbows16
There are few reasons in freaking out in relationships. They are may be your are feeling unsecured with your partner or you care for them alot but they feel that you are restricting them. This may cause you to feel bad or freak out.
SmileIsPretty
Mostly because we focus on Impressing and pleasuring our partner a little too much. Just calm down. Sometimes, we get an amazing partner that we just can't believe it and panic all the time that they may leave you for someone much better. Just think that a relationship needs both ends to meet. They will only if both the people think of each other the same way. If they don't, then it's no ise working hard. It just isn't write. Just be relaxed.
exquisiteLion14
What do you mean by freak out in relationships? Perhaps you could elaborate? I'm here to listen to you.
Anonymous
I freak out in relationships so easily because I'm scared of falling in love, I tend to fall in love so easily which has led me to getting hurt often.
Anonymous
In my experience, this is generally caused by stress or undealt with issues in a relationship. This causes a level of resentment and frustration between you and your person.