Why do I get over people so easily?

Sarah Archer, LMFT

As a Licensed MFT I work with clients to more effectively address, process and learn skills to manage the problems that prevent them from living the life they want.

sereene
There are many factors that could make you get "over" people easily, but most likely, it's not something to worry about because everyone is different. Perhaps you were prepared, whether consciously or subconsciously, to part with them and refrained from getting too attached. Or maybe you simply have a different way of coping with break-ups.
TheGlovedOne
Because you are strong, and don't fully depend on others to take care of your every need. Once they let go, you realize that they are just a person faster than others.
beautifulForest89
Because maybe you lack the emotional attachment due to the fact you've built walls to protect yourself?
Anonymous
That's a very hard question to answer. It might be because you don't really care about people to begin with. Maybe you've been keeping a certain distance between others and yourself so that when they leave, you don't get too upset which might be due to being badly hurt in the past. It could also mean nothing since we all deal with loss differently.
phi123
December 22nd, 2016 6:28am
Some people get over people easily. It may be because it takes you longer to develop strong feelings, it may be because you had been losing feeling for that person for awhile. It's not a bad thing that you may get over people easily :)
kelleh
it's probably because you never really love them or think they'll never actually stick around so you don't put your whole heart into the relationship. For me, I feel that way too, because I know people eventually leave, & it's always easier to not depend fully on anyone, hence when they leave, it's easier for me to get over them.
greatfulGrace21
You may know that they aren't right for you and you deserve better. I'm that way too. I get over people easily most knowing that they aren't for me. And that there's someone better
Anonymous
If you are getting over people easily it usually means that you were not truly in love with that person. You may have not been truly very serious. It may have felt like the most serious relationship you have ever been in, but in reality it is rather basic. You will find someone who you will be more serious with. You will find someone truly worth fighting for! Do not give up or blame yourself!! It is not your fault.
Supergirl94
You may not have had a strong connection with them, you may not have gotten to personal with them or cared for them a great deal to truly go through a healing phase. Or your healing phase is jumping back quickly and getting past it as quickly and as easily as you can.
Anonymous
Some would be so happy about it. but I know how it feels to feel like you're somehow superficial or something because you're able to move on so quickly. I don't think something's genuinely wrong, maybe it's just a matter of personality and how strong the echo of past events is on ourselves.:)
Anonymous
Because you don't let yourself get attached. Because you're too scared of getting left, so you force your heart to leave them first.
Anonymous
Because there was nothing really attaching you to. You let them go because you never really liked them and it is not your fault either.
flowefulfi87
maybe because it wasnt true love or maybe because you are a strong hearted individual or it could be that you have a good life with lots of positivity around you so you never get down or dishearted as you have plenty of other things to keep you occupied or it could just because its the way you are its not a bad thing right!
iaaluvz
Most of the time it is because you didn't really love them. Sometimes it's because you know it is best for you to not obsess over them since it will hurt you even more. With my last relationship I moved on in less that a week. That is because when he broke up with me he showed me that we were not meant to be. Sometimes you know it is best for you to just forget them, like I did with my ex.
Anonymous
People grieve relationships in different ways. A lot of people might see that as "wrong", but it is normal. It happens all the time and to a lot of people. It's okay. Some people even have the theory that maybe you weren't as close to that person as you thought or maybe that it wasn't a healthy overall relationship and you sorta feel better by being out. And this doesn't just apply to romantic relationships either.
SpiritAlchemistAlexandra
You do not need to take a long time to get over people. The fact that you get over people quickly shows that you are more stable within yourself. You love yourself and you are confident that this universe will provide you with more, and better people to love. Why dwell and hang on to what has died, when one can look brightly at what is ahead.
allnaturalUnicorns70
Is it possible that you haven't connected to them in the first place all that much? If so, maybe consider why that might be?
Anonymous
Because, the are always selfish. They don't care about us. Maybe they do but they don't show us that. So we just get over them.
ItsKiara21
Getting over is due to personal attachment and expectations as soon they are let down we get over them
aannkit
The reality is that no one person is the same. The amount of time it can take to get over will vary depending on factors including how long you were together etc.
Thegirlwhowrites101
Some people just get over things faster than others. It does not mean you don't care or that you're weird. It is normal for some.
medlgbtoutandproud
Personally, I think this happens only when you like that person and not in love with the person. Therefore the attachment between the two people involved is not as strong as expected.
Some people deal with things & emotions differently from others. That's fine because if you were the same as everyone else then wouldn't life be boring. Its good that you find it easy to let go and move forward.
RhygonForest
it is not unusual or strange, some people have different way or timing in coping different situation
Anonymous
Honestly, everyone moves on and copes differently. Some people(such as myself) have difficulty moving on and never truly do. Others find it easy to come to terms with the end of a relation(friends, dating), and can move on very quickly. If you find that you never truly had a "long lasting spark" maybe you just haven't found someone you really connected with.
bestLove24
I think because that person you got over so easily didn't put such a good mark on you even if you did share amazing things. That special connection between both of you didn't last and maybe you didn't realize it was there. You don't have to feel sad about it because you haven't met your person yet :) I'm sure when you do, you will feel extraordinary!
omica
Maybe you haven't found the true "one" yet. It is not a bad thing to let go of people easily because it would bad to hold on to people.
EmmaDilemma515
Some people just have the natural ability to get over people easily. I never had that power to but a lot of my friends did. It might not have hit you so hard. You might not have the emotional connection you thought. There could be a lot of reasons.
Naturallyhappy00
You probably get over people so easily because guard you have up so that you don't get hurt later on
feelthelyricz
You get over people easily because people are disposable and replaceable. If you held on to people you cared about that hurt you, then you would end up like me :/