Why do I get over people so easily?

Sarah Archer, LMFT

As a Licensed MFT I work with clients to more effectively address, process and learn skills to manage the problems that prevent them from living the life they want.

NumberEleven
Perhaps you're mature enough to understand that as easily as people come, they go. It doesn't necessarily mean that you don't care, more of that you see things as their role in the bigger picture.
Sand48
Because you either never really cared about them or you have trust issues from past experiences so you stopped letting yourself get attached to people. So when they leave you, you don't have a hard time letting go anymore.
Anonymous
September 2nd, 2016 10:54am
Because you probably never really loved them in the first place.... When you find the one, you'll know!
CodyC21
Because they weren't that important to you to begin with. People who are important to you will not be easy to get over.
2cupsofteaa
Many reasons. Perhaps you've never been into that person to start of with, perhaps it's just circumstances that allowed you to change feelings quickly.
emberdanielle
You might be avoiding making a deep connection with people, as a way to protect yourself from the possibility of being hurt? There are many reasons a person might do this without realizing it, so I'm not sure how it may have started for you.
PsYchologica90
October 22nd, 2016 9:06am
Because you maybe are not as attached to them as you think you are. Attachment makes things harder to cope with more often than not.
stayalive00
February 1st, 2017 8:15pm
Things are temporary, people come and leave and you don't depend on others. You don't get too attached and maybe it's a good thing about you, or maybe you haven't met the right person to become so attached too. Maybe you've also learned to love yourself and be with yourself through everything you go through. Or maybe you haven't been in the best relationship with a person. This is just from my experience and opinion. :)
Lenescorp
Getting over people is so easy, only when you don't care about them too much. It's so hard to let go or get over the ones you cared about most.
sereneStrawberry33
It's possible you weren't very attached to them in the first place. It's also possible that you were attached to them, but you feel secure that they are always a part of your soul even though they are gone physically.
contenteddreamerdory
Everyone is different. There's no right or wrong way to live your life. Some people cope with situations better than others and that's not necessarily a bad thing that your able to do this. It's a very strong attribute.
Anonymous
everyone is different in whether they take a long time to adjust to new things sometimes u might be able to get over someone really quickly sometimes u might not in my personal expiernce I've noticed that usually when I get rid of a toxic person you feel so much better and once they are out of your life you realise how much happier you are now that might be why it's so easy to get over them
SoulHealing
Maybe you do not care for them enough? How would you feel if all people get over you and forget about you?
Clarkguild
Sometimes people get over other people so easily because they never really had a click or a connection with that other person. It's nothing to be ashamed of, it's something that can happen. One day you'll make a strong bond with someone and have a hard time letting them go.
joyousEyes79
Maybe this is because you haven’t found someone who you actually are able to form a connection with. Try looking around for a person who you share interests with.
Anonymous
Chances are you don't have a strong connection, maybe they weren't right for you.
Anonymous
Because you didn't like them really badly in the first place, and maybe your interests have been pointed at someone else.
Anonymous
Because you really don’t need them , getting over people is not a bad thing it’s actually sort of a good thing ! It means you really know your self well
TwylyghtMyst
You may have been hurt in the past and have become emotionally closed off. It could also be a need to not be alone
Anonymous
I think that has to do with your attitude about things. It means you don't hold on to things unnecessarily and that's a good trait to have. You can enjoy things and be happy or sad in the moment, but you don't let it affect you after.
Anonymous
Ignore them whatever they say. People will pass commentd because they got nothing to do. Be yourself and ignore people. Stay still and strong!
Allears247
Maybe you do not allow yourself to become overly attached to people. Or maybe its possible that you don't let people all the way in emotionally so when they are gone from your life it doesn't affect you much.
kindElementary11
Maybe it's your way of dealing with things i guess. Like once someone is gone, your system tells you not to focus too much on it and to forward to another thing.
Anonymous
An answer to that could be because you don’t get too involved with people, you don’t build a proper emotional connection or you get distracted/bored quite easily.
Anonymous
You have stronger mindset to get over things beyond your control. It may be useful to do so in order to move forth.
magicallyNutella29
This is probably because you started loosing feelings for them before it ended without knowing. In my personal experience, I have been getting over people in less than a month. This is because I have either lost feelings before it ended or I knew that they weren’t right for me in the first place.
Anonymous
Because you might be not have truly loved them if u did it would take more than their presence to get over them
Shapedimension
Its easier to accept people as they come even if they are far from what we would like to expect, because resentments can cause many bad feelings... we hano control over people and cannot assure to have the same level of intellect or emotional understanding in addition I think as long as they are the loving type I dont judge their choices we have no idea what their reality is like and how that its absorbed in their blood streem...Emphaty, compassion and well acceptance of the selfcentered and rudimental kind...they everywhere to inject the fundamentals to make us realise we are diamonds..
intelligentSpring93
For me at least, I know that as I've gotten hurt more and more when I have to end a relationship or distance myself it does feel like it does get a lot easier. In some ways, I feel like this is because it gets easier for me to detach, or perhaps I tend to invest less of my heart as time goes on. You could also be getting over people easier because you weren't really invested to begin with. This is in no way meant to be a criticism--I think it happens to each of us at one time or another. I hope this helps answer your question.
Gaiasinclair
August 23rd, 2019 7:13am
You may feel they do not or did not have a big impact in your life. They may hurt your feelings, make you feel bad in any way and this makes it easier for us to get over people. We believe that it is the best for us. Most of the time it actually is. But we should always keep in mind that some people have good effect on our lives so we should not just push them away for little things. It is okay to have issues with people we deeply care about. It is our job to decide what is better for us and our relationship with others. Whatever happens we should be kind to first ourselves and then everyone around us. Because at the end all we want and need is love.